CHAPTER 20 : UNEXPLAINED GOODBYES

'Prince Reyaansh of Rathoregarh and princess Aarunya of Jaigarh pass away in an unfortunate accident.'

A news broke out that his royal Highness, prince Reyaansh and her royal Highness, Princess Aarunya had met with an accident last night and had lost their lives.

What was thought to be a rumour initially proved to be true when both the Rathoregarh Palace and Jaigarh palace had announced it on their social media.

According to the palace reports, the car's breaks failed and unable to gain control on the car, the car rolled down the cliff and when found after a six hour search, both the royals were dead.

No further details have been disclosed by the palaces as to how the breaks have failed. Hadn't the palace taken necessary precautions to check the car before handing it over to the royals.

Why did the royals go out without their security teams ? Had the security teams been there, the royals could have been alive.

The whole world was taken by a storm when their deaths were announced and the funeral is to be held the day after tomorrow morning and is reported to be a private affair.

'The Everyday News' deep condolences go out to both the royal families.

For more updates, keep reading
'TheEveryday News.'

...

Tear stained faces and swollen eyes, they said it all. The whole country  was grief stricken by the death of their beloved royals.

It wasn't just the Rathore and Rajput family that cried, the whole nation did too.

Riaana hadn't spoken a word since that day, it's been three days. Today was the day of the funeral.

The streets were filled with people holding flowers. They watched as the two royal families walked down the streets grieving the death of their loved ones.

In the front stood, the queen and beside her, Riaana's mother and father. Behind them stood their children, who despised the fact that they couldn't even grieve alone.

Varun and Hamsini walked infront of Reyaansh's coffin while Riaana and Rihaan infront of Aarunya's.

Riaana turned back occasionally to glance at their photographs and then at the ground below her. The voices of people crying were screaming in her head.

The funeral was a private affair. It was just the two royal families and a few family members. Riaana stared at them.

Everyone was in tears. They looked on at the pyres burning into ashes.

Riaana turned away and looked at the sky. She didn't have the courage to look at them burning into ashes.

The most painful goodbyes are the one that are never said and never explained.

...

I'm sorry I was selfish. I'm sorry I hurt you but I promise, I love all of you with all my heart. Please come back.

"Riaana !" I hear Rihaan call out for me as I stared outside the window.

"I don't want to talk." I told him instead of beating around the bush.

"You don't want to talk ? Seriously, Riaana ?" He asked me.

I just stayed mum. I was in no mood to talk to anyone. I guess I was scared. Scared of letting out myself.

"You cannot stay like that forever. It's  been three weeks and you haven't talked to any of us." He pulled me by arm and turned me around to face him.