Chapter Twenty

-Eren's POV-

"Eren, are you okay?" Hanji whispered, poking my arm, and I creaked my eyes open.

"He was fucking crushed by two boxes, I don't think he's okay," Levi snapped, then shot a look at me. "Oh, Eren, you're up!"

"The hell happened?" I asked, rubbing my pounding head.

"You dropped the 3DMG boxes on your head, Mr. Smooth," Hanji laughed, then pulled me up out of bed. "But don't worry! You and Levi can still do the butt stuff tonight!"

Levi flushed a dark shade of red and covered his mouth his his hand, but I just sighed, setting up, and kicking Hanji in the stomach. She stepped back as I got up and grabbed my shirt off the table, then grabbed Levi by his arm and dragged him outside to the party.

"Happy motherfucking birthday, shithead," I groaned, throwing him at the tent. "Go have some fun."

Levi sighed, straitening himself up, and walked in the tent, trying to put on a happy face. Soon after, I trailed behind him, once the noise died down.

Jean, Marco, Ymir, and Christa sat on a bench, laughing and talking, their 3DMG on- in fact, everybody had it on. Levi must have put it on when I was out. It was my idea, actually, that we take a trip around the woods, for old time's sake.

Connie and Sasha were standing by the table of snacks, Sasha scarfing down food, and Connie watching her in amazement. Armin sat next to Levi, his legs crossed as they sat against the table, talking.

"Found it!" Mikasa called, holding up the necklace, and Annie popped up from the other side of the tent. A diamond hung from the silver chain, shining in the dim light of the tent, and Annie thanked Mikasa as she attached it around her neck.

"Hey, Mikasa, was that diamond fr-"

"Yeah," she cut me off as I walked over to her, Annie gone. "No idea how she got it, though. Well, do you think we're about ready to get the cake then head out?"

"Of course," I smiled, then walked inside with her. We had spent most of the night, once we were done restoring old 3DMG, baking a giant cake. Well, I made it, but Mikasa mainly decorated it- she was much better at it that I was.

We wheeled it out through the grass on a metal cart, the three stories of vanilla cake and frosting wavering in the wind. Sasha rushed over when we opened up the tent, admiring it, and reaching out to try and take it.

"Alright, let's sing Happy Birthday first! Then we get cake!" I laughed, setting it down on the picnic table.

"Do we have to?" Levi groaned, looking up from the text on Armin's phone screen- the two of them had always gotten along, even as teacher and student.

"Of course!" Hanji laughed, then started singing. Incredibly off-tune.

"Haaaaappy Birthday to yoooou," she laughed, then everyone joined in. Levi had a small smile on his pursed lips once we had finished, and I cut him a slice. Purposefully, I 'tripped', and smashed it into his face. Taking the paper plate away, he sighed, an annoyed look on his icing-covered face, and I sat down next to him.

"Eren," he sighed. "Really."

I reached a finger out and wiped a stripe of icing off, tasting it.

"Still tastes pretty damn good."

Levi wrapped me in a hug, his head resting on my shoulder, and sighed. So nobody else could hear, he whispered,

"You're supposed to wait for the wedding to do that."

Then the back of my head was covered in cake and icing. Jean cracked up, as well as Sasha, as Levi seperated from me, smirking, and pulling me inside.

"Now, let's wash this off. I feel disgusting."

In the bathroom, Levi sat me down on the edge of the tub and scrubbed my hair with soap and water.

"Was that really necessary?" he sighed, sitting down next to me and pulling out a clean towel, drying my hair.

"Of course it was," I laughed, standing up when he was finished, and I hugged him. "I love you, Levi."

"I love you more," he sighed, then stepped back, looking up at me. "Say, didn't you want to see the ocean?"

"Y-Yeah," I said. "But we live in the middle of nowhere. Serisously, it would take forever to get there."

"Well, with Hanji's driving skills, maybe we could go down for your birthday."

"Really?"

"Of course. Would I say that if I didn't mean it? I would do anything for you, even if it means spending a hundred hours in a car with Hanji."

I held him close to me, running a hand through his hair, and I was starting to tear up.

"Thanks."

okay guys

it's getting late and I'm fucking tired so here's the deal

smut tomorrow

little short filler chapter

and some things I want to point out

ANNIES NECKLACE
OKAY

THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY

if you didn't pick it up, she has a fucking diamond necklace that was cut from the stone she was fossilized in

and next

fucking imagine Levi and Eren on a road trip with Armin and Mikasa and Jean and Marco- and HANJI DRIVING
TO THE OCEAN
BECAUSE EREN ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE THE OCEAN
okay coming up next you little shits