Chapter Two

-Levi's POV-

The snow started to fall as Eren and I walked home in silence, coating the ground in a thin layer of white. Eren just flipped his hood up and continued walking, ignoring me and the weather. Together, we approached the tall building, and I reached my hand into the pocket of my coat, pulling out the plastic keycard. Eren dug through his bag, pushing aside pencils and books, until he shut the bag.

"Ah, fuck me," he muttered. We were standing in the lobby now, and I unwrapped the red scarf from my neck.

"Something wrong, brat?"

"Forgot my key again. Shit, it's 20 bucks to get a new one."

"Where'd you leave it?"

"Hell if I know."

I sighed, looking down at the card in my hand. The kid probably didn't have anywhere else to stay, but with me? If I had to.

"Come on," I said, dragging him into the elevator, noticing how he winced as I grabbed his wrist.

"What?" he asked, pulling his hand away as we stood in the empty box.

"Well, you don't have to pay to get a new keycard. You can just stay with me tonight," I said, watching as he ran a hand through his hair and blushed.

"Levi, it's fine you don't have to."

"Where else do you have to go?"

He sighed and hung his head lower than it already was.

"Nowhere."

"Case settled, you're staying with me."

"Fine."

The elevator opened to my floor, and I slid the key into the lock, pushing the door open at the sane time. Eren shuffled in, and turned to address me.

"Thanks, Levi. Where should I put my stuff?"

"Well, take your shoes off here-I don't want any dirt fucking up my carpet. You can put your bag next to the table."

I hung my coat on the hook by the door and set my own bag on the table, pulling out a stack of papers and my red pen.

"Yeager, did you even bother doing this assignment?" I asked, waving the papers in front of his face.

"Y-Yeah, I started it. Here," he stuttered, pulling a notebook out of his satchel and flipping to a page. I read over the incomplete essay and graded it- his first actual grade if the year.

"Oi, brat, you can hand stuff like this in for a grade, you know?"

"But it's not finished. I never feel like finishing anything."

"So? It's a grade."

"Whatever. Anything you want me to do while I'm here? I need to repay you."

"Can you cook?"

"Yeah. My mom taught me."

"Good, because I can't cook for shit. If you could make dinner, even though it's a bit late, that would be nice."

"Okay."

I sat, running through the essays, red pen flying, not looking up until I heard Eren's sweet voice come from the kitchen. Wait, sweet voice? I'm not falling for that damn brat!

"Levi, dinner's ready, if you want to get ready!" he called. Clearing the table off, I saw Eren walk in with two plates of spaghetti and chicken.

"This is what I could make with what you had," he said placing the plates down at the table, then getting up and untying the apron he had on. He looked so cute, I couldn't help but giggle.

"What?" Eren asked, turning his head to glare at me.

"Nothing, nothing," I said, watching him sit down. To avoid conversation, I started eating, and we ate in silence. Once the plates were emptied, I carried them into the kitchen and started to wash.

"Levi, I can clean the dishes," Eren said, walking in the room.

"No, it's fine," I said, dropping the sponge as he leaned over me and placed his arms around my neck.

"You have work to do, anyway."

"Fine," I said, snapping my head down and walking out of the room, making sure Eren couldn't see the lingering pink on my cheeks.