Chapter Ten

-Levi's POV-

I ran out of the empty classroom, shoving my way through the halls, my bag flapping open behind me. There was one thing I had to do, and I wanted to get it done as fast as possible- I was getting Eren today. Sure, he was only staying with me for a month, but I got to have him for that time. It was hard keeping my usual done-with-this-shit look on when I ran out to my car and started fumbling with my keys, and I got a few wierd looks from students, but I ignored them. The tires screeched on the asphalt as I sped out of the parking lot and into the streets, taking the quickest way to the hospital.

"Left, right, turn, fucking shit wrong way," I muttered under my breath as I found my way around, and I nearly forgot my keys in the car as I hopped out and made my way into the departure area. Eren was standing in the lobby, accompanied by the nurse I had met earlier, with a backpack full of medicines and such. My legs didn't stop as I ran up to him and buried my face in his chest, wrapping him in a hug. The nurse seemed to understand that I was a bit too compassionate with him over the week he was hospitalized, so she let us stand there in silence, him slightly leaning down to hug me.

"Alright, Mr. Rivaille, are you ready to take Eren home?" the nurse, whose name I learned was Miss Leonhart, asked, pulling Eren away from me and smiling.

"I've been waiting," I laughed, and pulled him back, lowering my head in thanks to the nurse as we walked out. The discharge papers were gripped in Eren's hand, and he didn't say much as we got in the car, but I saw how happy he was to be out.

"Eren, are you sure you want to live with me for now?" I asked, putting the key in the ignition and starting up the car.

"Of course," he smiled, then looked down. "I'm sure it will make me feel better."

"I just don't want you trying that again, okay?"

"No promises."

I sighed, and put Eren's favourite CD in the radio- I had asked him what it was when he was in the hospital and went out and bought it for him.

"I love you, Eren."

"I love you too."

The car ride was spent in silence as we drove home, and I opened the door for him once we got to the apartment building. We stopped by his apartment first, getting some clothes and necessities for him, throwing them in a small suitcase tucked in the back of his closet, then I picked him up and wheeled the suitcase into the elevator, leaving his apartment closed, behind us. Eren giggled and tried to squirm from my grasp, but I just held on tight and smiled down at him.

"I like being the one to look down at you, for once," I laughed, then ran my free hand through his hair, causing him to blush.

"Hey, it's not my fault that you're so freakishly short!"

"It's not my fault you're so freakishly tall!"

He was laughing as I carried him into the apartment, and I set him on the couch and put his suitcase into the guest room.

There was one last thing I needed to do.

I walked into the bathroom, running my hand over the top of the doorway until I found what I was looking for. The one razor I had, the one that had almost killed me, but had lay untouched for years. The metal bent and snapped, and I wrapped it in a tissue and threw it in the trashcan, trying to make sure Eren couldn't find it. Then, as a precaution from the hospital, I locked away all my medicine with a padlock in my cupboard, so Eren couldn't get to it. It was a small measure to make sure he was safe.

"Alright, Eren, what do you want for dinner?" I called, walking in to the living room, to find Eren looking through his backpack.

"Oh! Whatever you want to make is fine!" he said, popping his head up in surprise.

"Looking for something?"
"O-Oh, it's nothing, don't worry," he laughed, then put his head back down. I walked over to him and put my hands on his shoulders and rested my head on top of his.

"You sure? You're getting pretty flustered over it."

"Really, it's nothing. I'll show you later if I find it," he said, starting to mutter to himself, and I lifted myself away.

"You're a weird kid, you know? Are you sure you're okay with whatever?"

"Well, knowing you can't cook, I should probably make something instead."

"Eren, you just got out of the hospital, let me do things for you."

"Fine, as long as you don't burn everything. Then I'll have to take over."

I laughed and pulled his head up, pecking him on the cheek.

"Love you."

He snapped his head down and blushed, and I walked into the kitchen, looking around. What could I make for Eren? What did he like? Shit, I had no fucking idea what he liked! I decided that I would just make personal pizzas, because everyone likes pizza.

With cheese, or pepperoni? Does he like mushrooms? What about peppers?

Shit, I'm antagonizing too much over this. It's just dinner.

-Time Skip-

I set the plates on the coffee table in the living room- I had made 2 plain, cheese pizzas, and set aside toppings in smaller bowls. Eren was asleep on the couch, notebook in his hand, which was opened to a page that was half-filled with writing. I recognized it as one of the first stories he had written, and I saw his thumb tucked in to a paper behind it.

It was the story again, this time rewritten to suit what I had said. The handwriting was shaky and light, probably from his earlier days in the hospital. But it was still amazing, even better than the sentence I had asked him to write that one day. It was wonderful, a story about a man who leaves home to find love, but only finds hatred, until he realizes that hate is the root of all love. It brought tears to my eyes, and I quickly shut the notebook and slid it back into the bag before Eren could notice me crying. If the brat ever saw me show my emotions, I'd be damned.

"Eren, I made dinner," I whispered, hanging on to him as I kneeled down, and placed my face against his neck. His eyes foggily opened, and a small groan emitted from his mouth as he sat up, and I crawled onto the couch next to him. He was wearing a sweater that was way too big for him, so the sleeves fell over his arms, and the waist and collar were drooping. I climbed onto his lap and wriggled into the sweater, popping my head out of the loose collar, our faces nearly touching, and I pulled his arms inside so I could hold his hands. He blushed and tried to squirm away, but I held onto him, laying down on his chest.

"I love you, Eren," I whispered, and closed the small space in between our lips, and he didn't try to pull away. We just sat there, hands entwined, and lips locked, sitting there, in the warmth of a small room, finally together again.