Chapter Thirteen

-Eren's POV-

Date;; December 21st

Hanji ran up to me, almost crushing me in a hug.

"Eren! I'm so glad you came!" she squealed, and I literally had to pry her off of me. Erwin held her back after that, laughing.

"Alright, well now that you guys are here, we can head in!" he said, and Hanji raced off before us. She was wearing a nice red dress with the same wings on her necklace. What were they, anyway? Erwin was wearing a black suit, as well, and as we walked in, I saw why we needed formal wear. The place was HUGE, and really fancy. Like, 5 star fancy, or whatever.

We were walked over to a table near the back, and as Levi and Erwin sat down, Hanji pulled me over into a small hallway.

"Eren, has Levi remembered?" she whispered, shooting a look at the table.

"What?" I replied, confused. Remembered? What did that mean?

"Oh, shit," she laughed, then flounced back to the table. What was up with her, anyway? She wasn't usually like this. I saw her pull aside Levi next, and as he walked back, she pulled aside Erwin.

-Hanji's POV-

Seriously- neither of them remembered! I mean, they were in a relationship in their past life, so I just figured that one of them would bring them back together! BUT OF THEIR OWN FREE WILL OH MY GOD.

It must be true love!

I pulled aside Erwin, bringing him to a back room.

"So? Who remembered?" he asked, stopping before I could say anything.

"Neither!"

"Wait, what?"

"Neither of them remembered! They got together of their own free will!"

"Oh, fuck! So we need to get them to remember?"

"Yeah! What are we going to do?"

"Well, I wasn't prepared for this. Do we just tell them?"

"Now, that wouldn't be any fun, would it? Who else remembered?"

"Ackerman and Horseface both did. I can't think of anyone else."

"Shit, this is going to be hard. Poor Mikasa, though- she was so opposed to the two of them last time, and now this?"

"Yeah. Well, I guess we'll just drop hints every once in a while. Act natural."

We walked back to the table, where Eren and Levi were sitting and talking. As we sat down, the waiter came over and placed a basket of bread on the table, and we decided to look through the menu. As I looked up, I noticed that Levi was holding his wineglass the way he always did.

"Hey, Levi, why do you hold your glass like that?" I asked, hoping I could trigger something.

"Dunno. It just feels right," he replied, placing the cup back on the table. Eren was the only one of us who didn't have a glass of wine, so he just had a cup of water, which he was trying to hold like Levi. As he tried to drink, some spilled, and Levi quickly dried him off with his napkin, chuckling under his breath.

"Did Levi just..... Laugh?" Erwin whispered, watching them.

"I think so."

"Tell the world."

"They wouldn't believe us."

Dinner ran smoothly besides that, but nothing that Erwin or I said sparked any memories. Levi did react slightly at a few things we said, and he kept looking at the pins we gave him and Eren. While we were walking out, he pointed at his pin and said,

"The Wings of... Freedom, right?"

"Y-Yeah!" I gasped, my face lighting up. Did he remember?

"That's odd. Kirstein said something about them the other day."

I sighed and waved goodbye to everyone, getting into my car. What could we do to make him remember? Having Eren back should be enough to trigger the memories, but it's just getting out of hand now.

At least they make a cute couple.

-Eren's POV-

Levi and I got in the car, driving in silence back home.

"Did Mrs. Zoe seem weird to you?" I asked, trying to break the silence.

"Call her Hanji- you can refer to the both of them as normal people now, not just your teachers. And yeah, she did seem crazier than usual."

"What are the 'Wings of Freedom'?"

"I have no fucking idea."

"That's weird, I think I've heard that term somewhere."

The car was silent yet again, and as we walked in the hotel, I was greeted by Mikasa, who was waiting for me. Before I could say anything, she dragged me up to my apartment and locked the door.

"Where the hell were you? And with him!"

"Mikasa, stop! We just went out to dinner with Ha- Mrs. Zoe and Mr. Smith!"

"You shouldn't be around h-"

She stopped as she saw the pin on my jacket and looked me in the eyes.

"Did you remember?"

"No, Mrs. Zoe asked me that too. I have no idea what it means, but a few things tonight triggered something in the back of my mind. It's freaking me the fuck out."

"Oh. I see what they're trying to do now," she whispered. "Well, in any case, stay away from Cor- Levi. Stay away from him, I'm warning you."

Mikasa turned and walked out, leaving me in shock. Was she about to say Corporal? Where have I heard that before?

What the fuck is going on?

I walked out of my apartment, locking the door behind me, and taking the stairs up to Levi's apartment. When I walked in, he was sitting on the couch, looking over papers. He had changed into a sweater and jeans, so I did too, and sat down next to him. He hardly looked up, just asked,

"Do you need anything?"

"No, I'm fine."

We sat in silence, and I felt myself slipping into sleep. The last thing I felt was Levi pull a blanket over me and whisper in my ear.

"I love you, Shiity Brat."

"Love you too."