Chapter 19: Idyll Resolve

“Thank God, you’re right B.B. I heard some maniac over there started a school shooting.” “Well, I guess you can call it that. I’m just happy that my friends are okay. And speaking of them, I had to go. Today I was suppose to visit them in the hospital.” I was laying down on my bed, dressed and ready to go. It's quite lonely being in here all by myself. I never knew how much I actually wanted those two around. At least things around here are going back to normal. “Alright then, I'll talk to you later. Tell them hi for me okay?” My mom asked in cheery tone. “Sure why not. Bye mom.” I hung up and went to fetch my jacket and keys, leaving the school premises afterwards - with the school's permission of course. After what happened in the girls’ lounge about two weeks ago, the school's rules has put the rest of the campus on a tighter leash. Now, we have I.D. cards that we must use to leave or enter the campus. Plus, Dean Thompson got a couple of more on campus security to walk around, just instance something else happens. I catched the bus near the outskirts of the campus and went to the hospital. I bought a couple of things as gifts for Violetta and Genny a couple of days ago. I hope they like it. “Oh I’m sorry. It's seems as though they were discharged.” The receptionist said when she looked on the computer. “What do you mean ‘They were discharged’? When was that?”

“Around early this morning. Violetta Raco discharged herself after she was in the clear with the doctors, and Genova Valdez was discharged by her parents.” She informed. Her parents were here? This is whole ordeal was more serious than I thought. “Thanks for telling me. I'm just gonna head back to the campus then.” She nodded and I exit the building . I wonder where are they? I walked to the bus stop and waited. There was a outlet store behind me and the weather seems pretty calm, but a little chilly. After all, we’re finally in the month of December and everyone was just weeks away from going back home for the holidays. I wonder how's Aunt Charlotte doing. “Bealy! Bealy!” What the hell?

I turned around to a girl with pink hair running towards me and giving me a hug. “Genny!” “Hey Bealy. I’m so happy to see you.” Violetta walked into us a few moments afterwards. “Violetta.” “Hey.” I smiled. I never knew I would live to see the day that I would be this happy. “What are you guys doing out here?” I inquired. “Well, Genova over here was hungry, along with her parents. So we decided to get a bite to eat before we go back to the campus.” “That's cool. But next time, warn me. I started to get upset when I heard you guys were discharged.”  Violetta smirked at my little comment. “It's not funny, Violetta.” I glare at her. “It's not you I’m laughing at......... I knew you would go for Genova but for me. Now I understand how much you care.” She revealed. I was kind of speechless, when she said it. “Well yeah. You two are the closest thing I have right now, besides my mom and Aunt Charlotte. And I’m glad that I met y’all. I wouldn’t regret it for the world.”

“Aww thats so nice.” Genny eyes started to glisten. I smiled and together we came and formed a group hug. “Gen! Gen!”  I see a chubby-looking guy with a thick moustache yelling at us from the entrance of the restaurant. He was waving in a calm manner. Just at that moment we separated from each other. “Who is that guy?” “Yes Dad!” Genny left and bolted to the chubby man. “That’s her father?” I asked. “Yeah. But for some reason, I was expecting better for Italian man.” I shook my head in disapproval of her comment. “C’mon let's go. “

_______________

“Bye Mr. and Mrs. Valdez. It was nice meeting you.” I cried from the entrance as they hopped into their car and started up the ignition. “Goodbye girls. See you in a couple of weeks,” and with that they drove off into the streets. “It’s a shame that they couldn’t stay longer.”

“Yeah. But it's for the best.” Genny said. The three of us begin walking to the campus, but surprisingly there wasn’t much people on campus today. People are still drilling themselves for the big test in the next couple of days. Why they have to come so early? I’m so not ready for any of this at all. “Hey, let's blow off going to the dorm and go someplace else.” “Okay. Like where?” Violetta asked, curiously. “Trust me. Where we’re heading to is priceless.” Violetta just kept quiet and shrugged. It took us a couple of minutes to get there and when we did, the girls couldn’t believe their eyes. “This is beautiful, Bealy. How did you find this place?” “A friend told me about it a while back.” I smiled in glee. The view over this side has gotten more amazing than when I last came here. After admiring the view, we all placed our belongings on the ground and took a seat against the wall. “Well before I forget. I’m going to let you two know that after exams, I won’t be returning back to Brookhaven Academy.” Violetta and I stare at Genny in shock. She's leaving? Why? Words cannot describe how I’m feeling right now.