Chapter 15: Speak

“Please come in. I’m sure that she’ll be here in a couple of minutes. Do you want something in the meantime?” I’m still astonished at the fact that Bealy’s mother is here. But the strange thing about her visit is that I never heard Bealy talk about her. Like never. Untill now, I assumed that she wasn’t in her life or something. I couldn’t imagine how she would react to this. “A glass of water will be fine....... You’re so charming. I bet it took you two awhile to get situated.”  You have no idea, Ms. Kiddo. No idea at all. “We only have bottled water in the fridge. The plastic cups we have are finished. Will this be okay?” “Yeah, yeah - sure. Just as long as its cold.” I grabbed two water bottles and passed one to her. “Thanks.” “No problem.” Then I went to take a seat on the bean bag chair. It was quite silent being in the room with her. I never felt this uncomfortable in years. It almost like when you’re at your friend's house and their folks are babysitting, but they waiting for you to mess up so they can yell at you and report what you’ve done to your parents; thus putting you in more trouble. I hope Bealy gets here quick, and moments later, I hear the doorknob turning and the keys clinging at every movement. Speaking of the devil herself. Finally, she’s here!

“Damn, Violetta. You scared me. What are you doing sitting so close to the door?” Her voice sounds more delicate than the last time we interacted. I’m glad that she's not mad anymore. “I don’t know. I guess I wasn’t thinking.” She enters the room, places her bag on the floor and sweater on the back of the door, and locked it. Oh boy, I wonder how I’m going to explain our unexpected visitor. “Umm, Bealy..... I ran into one of your old friends.” I crossed my fingers, hoping that she goes along with my little tale. “What the hell are you talking about?  None of them haven’t said anything about coming here.” I recoiled, in fright that she's onto me.

“Well, she happens to be closer to you than you think.” Bealy started to act a little bit too tense and by the looks of it, I don’t liking it one bit. It seems too different, even for her. “Who is this she that you speak of?” She said while raising a brow at him, skeptically. “She’s talking about me Bealy. It's about time you came, I need to speak to you.”

And that's when she froze, like she was caught in a fib. I knew that Bealy would be surprised to her mum coming to Brookhaven. I wonder how this is going to play out. “We have nothing to talk about here. You've wasted your time.” She said as she quickly opened the door. “Now pack up what you have with you and please leave.” “Bealy, stop it. Can you see that I’m trying here?” “I don’t want you to try! Ever! Now, pack up your shit and go. Get out of my face!” She yelled, infuriated. I had a frightened but awed look on my face. This was way beyond speechless. I couldn’t believe she had the audacity to talk to her mother like that. It was painful to watch really. It reminded me of something I would say to Nëna if she decides to intrude in our lives. “Wow, and I thought I had worse family problems with Babai. I would never imagine things going down like this.” I continues to stare at them in awe, as they put on a show. Except for the fact, this doesn’t resemble an act; it was reality. “Violetta, stay out of this!”

“I’m not going anywhere, you hear me. I’m your mother, and you will do what I say.” “Oh, that's funny. So now you want to start playing house, where was that when you blatantly annihilated Dad.”  What? My heart jumped in my chest. Is she being serious right now? “You cannot continue to torment me for something I had to do. I did it for you Bealy. What don’t you understand in that?” “Urgh!! Why can’t you leave me the hell alone?” She slams the doors. And in a matter of seconds, I see Bealy grab something heavy and attempts to hit her mother. “Bealy, stop!” This is getting too heavy, too soon. Ms. Kiddo receive a brutal blow to the face, and she even staggered in her footsteps a couple times. But I still have to find a way to settle things down, before somebody gets hurt. I was able to pull Bealy to the side in the meantime. “What more do you want from me, huh? You love to hurt me do you? Admit it.”

“Bealy, I love you with all my heart. Why can’t you see that? I tried my best to protect you as much as possible. I’ve already apologize to you, on numerous occasions. What's preventing you from forgiving me?” The room suddenly becomes quiet. The only thing you could here was the girls walking up and down the halls. I’m surprised they haven’t heard all of this quarreling yet. “The truth. Everyone at home knows you're a liar. I just happen to be the last to find out. What's the real reason you hate Dad some much that you have to kill him?” Ms. Kiddo fixed herself up so that she could prepare for what she had to say. Just from looking at her, I could tell that she was reluctant, very reluctant. I only hope that Bealy will be okay will her answer. “He was.....a killer. And so was I.” She looked up at Bealy to see her reaction. But Bealy just stood still and I knew she’s shocked to the core. Oh boy, this is so not going well at all.

“In those times, I was involved with a group called the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad. There was five of us, all assassins; with your father being the leader. And some how, along the way I ended up being in a relationship with him; and sooner or later, I became pregnant with you. I knew that with the type of lifestyle I was living by, it would be highly dangerous and unhealthy for a child. So I left without a trace; and hoped that Bill wouldn’t find me. But he was persistent and after some time pass, he found me.” I released my grip from Bealy and let her go. I wasn’t ready to hear all of this. It was too much, especially for her. I think she lost her voice, for she did not speak. “Are you okay?” I placed my hand on Bealy’s shoulder. “Just continue.”

“Remember what Daddy told you the night we left the villa.” She slowly nodded at her questioned. Now I’m confused, what happened? “That was the so-called consequence I got for  deserting him. I meant what I say Bealy. I don’t care if you don’t want to talk to me again, I will continue to fight for you because you are all that I have left. If there was no you, I might as well stayed in the hospital and never look for you.”

__________________

Bealy’s P.O.V:

I was beyond speechless. I feel so disgusted, I didn’t know how to react to mom's story. I wanted to cry so badly, even though I didn’t want to. There's so much things I’m feeling right now all at once. My mind is now telling me that maybe I should forgive her, but my heart still remain hesitant. Violetta gave me the same look too, but in a more melancholy manner. I wasn’t expecting her to say all of that, but I had a feeling that she was hiding something real dark. “Okay. I believe you. I can now trust you, and now I can say that I accept your apology.”

“Oh my God Bealy. You don’t know how happy I am........” She then rushes over to me and pulls me her in her arms. Violetta smiled happily from a distance, but I still feel awkward. I pull away from her and she looked at me, confused. “What's the matter, B.B.?” “I have a confession too.” I can feel her body get tense, and her eyes being glued onto mine. “I’m still upset, but I want to let you know that because of what happen left a scar on me. It made me act so ruthless and impetuous, and I’m sorry for being a jerk. I shouldn’t even attempt to push your limits. But when I think about accepting your apology, I think about all the future generations. How will they act towards each other if this hatred continue? I used to hate you with all my guts. I once used to wish that you was dead, or at least go back to the fun loving mother that I met back in the villa when I was four in Mexico. You really broke my heart. That's why I decided to forgive you and let you in my life.” I bust in tears, all the pain and struggle flowing away. I hate feeling so torn. “Aww, Bealy. It's going to be okay.” Violetta rushed to my side, and surprisely she tried to comfort me. “Why?” Was the only words I could utter without crying even more.

“You’re a good person, despite your other awful traits. I’ve been in your shoes, and I’m glad you and your mother can patch things up again. Isn’t that right Ms. Kiddo?” I turned to her, giving me another hug. I feel like weight has been lifted from my shoulders. “Yes, I am. I am happy to have my daughter back.”