Chapter 10: Malevolent

“Aww man, this hurts.” Genny said as she sat in her seat. The tattoo artist was making her finishing touches on her tat, and when she was done Genny was glad that it was over. “See, that wasn’t so hard, wasn’t it?” I paid the lady about 100 bucks, and together we left the shop. “So, how does it feel?”

“I feel like chopping my hand off. It makes me feel weird. But it's already on me, I might as well deal with it. Besides, at the end of the day.... if I don’t like it, I can always get it removed.” “Or you can get a cover up....” I suggested to her.

“Hey, you’re not helping the situation here Bealy! I only got this because of you.” We crossed the street to go stand at the bus stop. It started to drizzle a little bit and I wasn’t about to take any chances of getting soaked, that’s if it decided to pour even harder. “Whatever. You know you love it, you just don't want to admit it.” She made a face at me and I began laughing. See, I knew it. Genny wasn’t fooling anybody, especially me. “You got me.”

“Well, at least I made a great choice. I mean, I love music..... you’re a musicaholic, so it works.” We both got ones that matched one another. I picked to get the bass and treble clef heart tattoo because I didn’t want to get anything too big or little. And plus, this was my first time so, I didn't want to go over board. “Oh look. Our bus is here. You have any change left on you for the both of us?” I gave her a nod, and just when the bus finally arrived; we hopped right on.

I found us some seats near the very back and sat down there. It was going to be a while till we reach Brookhaven Academy. With this thing taking so much stops, I might as well sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. That’s if....... there was a show. “Now being here, reminds me of why I don't like taking public transportation.” “Oh yeah, how come?”

“I tend to get very claustrophobic when too much people are around me. I hate the feeling of getting buried in a group of people.”  Wow, who would’ve knew. “Ha! I could relate to that.” She quickly turns her head to me. “You’re claustrophobic, too?” “Hahaha. No, I just hate being around people period.” Genny opened her mouth in a surprised manner and gave me a nudge in the arm. “What was that for?” Damn, that girl got some sharp ass elbows. “People can hear you.” “So, what does that have to do with me? It's the truth. I’m not just gonna sit here and lie, if that’s what you think.” I turned my attention to the people around me; some were giving me strange looks while others couldn’t care less. And that's when I found my grand surprise of the day. “Is that who I think that is?” She asked after a couple moments of silence.

“Who are you talking about?” Genny had this scared look on her face. “Hello, earth to Genova Valdez... Who are you talking about?” “Ummm, what. Oh nothing, nothing. I must be seeing things. Come on, let's go. We almost reach our stop.” She then grabs onto my arm and press the yellow button on the side of the bus. We didn’t even wait till the bus made a full stop to descend off. “What the hell Genny!? What's up with you!?” I yelled as we came off. I looked around the place and notice that we’re nowhere near the campus. What gives? “The....(pant)... too much... (pant) people, not enough....(pant) space.” Aww man, she's having a panic attack. Shit, shit. What to do? What to do? “Umm, Genny. Just breathe in and breathe out slowly..... until everything goes back to normal. Okay?” She shook her head in compliance. I hope she's going to be okay. If things gets worse, I have to call for help. “Are you alright, now?” My nerves were literally jumping out of my skin right now.

“Yeah, I feel a lot of better now. Thanks.” “No problem. You really had me scared for a second there. I was freaking out like crazy.” She slightly giggled. “I’m sorry. I couldn’t really help myself.”

“Yeah, I know. Now c’mon we have a long way to go.” I grabbed her hand and pulled her up. “Oh, and the next time we go somewhere, we’re taking the cab.” “Hahaha, okay. That's fine with me.”