Chapter 13: Consternation Filled up to the Brim of My Cup

“Where is she now?” I just reached to the hospital in a timely manner, and went straight to the receptionist. I never felt so scared and desperate for answers in my life. Genny. Genova Valdez. “What's your name, miss?” “Bealy Kiddo; now tell me where she is? I must see her.” I said quickly. The receptionist just wave me over and told me to have a seat until further notice. Why the fuck is these people taking so damn long? “Bealy calm down.” What the hell? I turned to my right and noticed that Violetta sat a couple seats away from me. “How long have you been here?”

“Not so long ago; about fifteen minutes max.” Wow, thats pretty random of her. “Are you here-” “For Genova? Yeah, I am. I heard about what happen when I was at the Dean’s office. So I just thought I show up here.” Is she hooked on drugs or something? I can’t believe it. She's worrying about Genny. But why? Last time I checked, Violetta didn’t give a shit about her. A few minutes passed, and I remained there, contemplating with myself. “Bealy Kiddo, she's ready to see you.” It's about time. “Hey. May I come with her too?” The nurse turned around slowly and asked, “Do you have any relations with her?”

“I’m kind of.............one of her close friends.” Lies, all lies. “Okay. She's down the hall, on the right in room 107.” I thanked her and Violetta and I proceed to her room. I can feel the strong heavy tension building up inside of me. I can feel my eyes become teary, even though I haven’t seen her latest condition. She's going to be alright. So stop crying. “I’m sorry, I can’t help it.” I whispered to myself softly. We made the right as instructed and found her room door. Violetta opened it up and I stopped in my tracks. Her bruises from a couple weeks ago are back again, now ten times worse. “Oh my god. What happened to you?” I quickly rushed to her side. “Bealy! I’m so happy that you came....” Her eyes sunk deep into her eye sockets; there were so dark, they look like it was coloured with a permanent black marker. “O Zot! It's going to take awhile for those bruises to clear up.” Violetta said as soon as she notice her eyes, too. “Is that you, Violetta?” She looked to me and I stare coldly back at her.  Violetta then remained quiet for awhile until she answered Genny's question: “Yeah. How you been?” Genny just looked down in saddness. Poor little thing.

“I’m sorry.... I didn’t mean to cause so much grief and concern.” What is she talking about? Apologizing should be the last thing she should be doing. “Are you okay Genny?” “I’m fine.... don’t worry about me. I’ll be good as new in no time.” She then flashed me a smile and deep down inside, I cringed. Is she even aware of the predicament she's in? “Alright ladies, time's up.” The same nurse lady from earlier reminded us. I held onto her hand, I didn’t want to let her go - to be locked in solitude. And as I was being forced to leave the room, my mind immediately start thinking about the worse. “C’mon Bealy, you heard the nurse.” Yeah bitch I know. Quit rushing me!! “I’ll try to visit as much as possible, you hear me. I’ll even pray for you.” All Genny did was nod and sooner or later, we left her in the care of the nurse and left the building entirely. After what I just saw, I had to head back to the dorm. I need some time to think; my brain still couldn’t wrap itself around the idea of Genny being in the hospital. Things are just not adding up anymore.

“Still worrying about Genova?” Aww man, she's back. “What do you want from me?!” I yelled. “Why are you being hostile? Can you at least calm down  so we can talk?”

“You have some nerve coming in here thinking you care. After all you’ve done, you shouldn’t even showed your face around here.” I spat at her. Violetta made a grimace at me and kept quiet. Serve her right. “I can tell that this isn’t going to work out in my favour.” “The fuck are you talking about?” Now, I’m getting pissed off.

“I’ve decided to wave the white flag. So, we can try and help Genova get pass whatever she's going through. I was hoping that-” “What?! That I would do the same too. What makes you think I will?” It's like the more this punk talks, the more overrated she tends to be. Help out Genova? Ha! Who does she take me for? A fucking moron. “You love her.” “Excuse me, I prefer you to stop with the yellow journalism.” “I mean, like a sister of your own. Genova is hiding something deep down inside her; I just know it.” Her voice went from harsh to delicate in a matter of moments. “You need to shut the hell up. You’ve cause enough damage for the both of us. Just leave us alone.” I begin to walk off, but I guess Violetta wasn’t satisfied with my answer by the way she held onto my left arm like she owns it. “Let go of me.”