Chapter 16: Quantum

“Oh my God, you’re back!” I smiled as I see Genny turned up standing in the front of our room door. It was a couple days after my mom visited me. I wasn’t expecting her to come from the hospital so early. But I’m even happier that she's safe and I finally tied the knot with my mom. “The doctor said that I was making an incredible improvement. I’m just glad that I’m out of there.” She continued into our room and noticed that Violetta was sitting down, doing whatever on her phone. “Wasn’t really expecting me to be here, did you?” Violetta asked. Genny shook her head and I locked the door quickly so I can help her get settled. “A lot of stuff went down when you were gone, Genny. We were extremely worried about you.” I finally said. The atmosphere had sunk around us; from where I was standing I can see Genny feeling a little less jovial than she was when she just got here. “Yeah, and about what happened in the vestibule the other day, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said what I said. I hope you can forgive me.” Violetta then got up and stood right in front of Genny, spreading her arms out wide open. That's pretty sweet of her. This is probably the first time I ever saw Violetta wanting someone to hug her. And coming from a person that didn't know the word nice was in her vocabulary, it was a drastic improvement.

“Are you kidding me? Of course, I don’t.” Violetta's arms fell to her side in defeat, and I laughed inwardly. Wow, who know she had it in her to tell off Violetta like that? I definitely give her kudos for a job well done, and extra for making it hilarious as well. “Okay....... Well, I don’t know what else to say? I really meant what I said just now. But if you don’t want to accept it then-” Genny abruptly hugs her as Violetta opened her eyes wide eyed to how surprised she was. “I’m so confused. I thought you didn’t forgive me.” With a showered down expression on her face, she simply said, “Everyone deserves a second chance.”  And with that, Violetta hugged her back, glad to the fact that she can now put the past behind her.

“So I guess you two are buddies now, right?” I said as I grabbed a glass of orange juice, after getting Genny settled in. I walked over to the two kiddies and sat nonchalantly on Violetta's bed. “Yeah, I think so. What do you think Bealy?” She replied, softly. I took a sharp look at Violetta and glanced back at Genny. “Sure. I think her annoying alter persona is gone out of her system.” Well for now, anyways. I mean, she can transform back into the bitch she was before anytime. But I’m not gonna let her know that. Besides, I think she have enough punishment coming from me, let alone anyone else. Violetta then spun her head around and gave me a slight smirk. “You just have to bring that up.” “Yeah, I had to because I really wanted you gone.”

“Ouch! Bealy, say you’re sorry.” Genny whine while giving me a slight punch in the arm. I was surprised by her boldness. I never knew she had it in her. “Oh so now, you’re the boss of me?” I joked. “I might as well be. You’ve done so many capricious things since you’ve been here, that I just can’t with you anymore. Why do you have to be so unpredictable Bealy?” I felt like she was pleading me to subject to something. And somewhat I was kind of sadden by it; which made me questioned to myself: Is she serious? “C’mon, I’m not that crazy.” Genny and Violetta separated themselves and gave each other a look before she sat next to me. "Could’ve fooled me.” Wow! So she is serious. I didn’t except her to get so frank all of a sudden. “Ummm okay. What's with you today?” “Nothing, I was just curious. That's all.” Oh really, huh? I don’t think she realize I can see right through her. Genny needs to try harder if she wants me to believe her, right now. “Well, since we’re speaking on the subject of curiosity; why didn’t you tell us about your troubled past? We’re would’ve understand, you know.” I looked deeply in her eyes.

“I didn’t want to get you two involved. You don’t know Vince, like I do.” She said in a distraught tone. And just when she spoke up, I became more and more bewildered by her statement. “Woah, woah, woah. Who is this Vince person you referring to?” Ha! Violetta just took the words right out of my mouth. “It wouldn’t matter anyway. Sooner or later, he will find me.” Damn, I couldn’t believe what I'm hearing right now. Genny got up quickly went to her side of the room. "C'mon Genova, don't say that. I'm sure whatever he did to you then, is behind you. Besides, by the way I see it he can't hurt you anymore - whoever he is." Violetta came up closer and faced her. "Yeah, this punk sure as hell can't get past me." Genny chuckled almost sweet but unhappily; like she knew that deep down no matter how many times she reevaluates this in her head, she feels as though she's doomed.

"You guys are too sweet, really. And I get it, but there's still little you know about me. Just like the day in the vestibule, Vince was there. He was fucking there. The last thing he said: I promise that we'll be together forever. And one day you will be mine." Then afterwards, Genny revealed her old, ragged bruises. Some were black, others were purple. Not to mentions, there were cuts; sharp but luckily not any deep wounds. I couldn't help but to gasped in horror. "Oh my God, how did you even up encounter the monster that did this to you!" Violetta cried. She looked away sullenly and whispered "He's my......" I hope she's not saying what I think she's saying. That would be way too bizarre. "Vince is my everything. Vince is my current boyfriend."