Chapter 6: Just When Things Get Worse (They Get Better), Part 2

It's turns out that the lying bastard forgot to mention that this alleged “amusement park” was actually a carnival. It was only going to be on campus for a couple of days this week. Why did Brookhaven allowed this event to happen on their premises? I wouldn’t know. All I can think about now is how I wasted my time trying to get over here. It wasn’t even all that spontaneous. The rides were lame, and I wasn’t really feeling the energy. Usually when you come to places like these, you can feel some kind of happy vibe. But I didn’t felt anything; there goes my plan of spending the day in this dump. Bang!

“Owwww.” I suddenly crashed into this girl. “You could at least watch where you’re going.” I said angrily. She shakes her head swiftly like one of those dogs after getting a shower from their owner. “Ummm, are you okay?” I didn’t know how long she was on the ground, but she was starting to creep me out. “Yeah. Yeah, I’m fine.” She then pulls herself up and brushes herself off. Time to go on about my merry way. I averted away from her and proceed to leave, when suddenly she pulls me towards her and gives me a hug out of nowhere. What the fuck is this psycho’s problem? “Haven’t you ever heard of the three second rule?”

“Oh right. I’m so sorry. I’m just really friendly, that's all.” She grinned. I’m so pissed off right now, it's not even funny. There's nothing more I hate in the world than unexpected hugs from people. “Urgh. I’m so out of here.” “Wait!”

“What the hell do you want now!?” I yelled. I couldn’t stand being around her any longer. “My name is Genova.......... But, but you can call me Genny. Everyone else around here does.” I glanced back at her. She then smiles sheepishly.  “Nice to meet you. Now goodbye.” I began walking away from her again. “I heard that you are new here.......................and I thought................ we can be friends.” Wow, this girl has ambition. “My friend, huh? It's only the first week of school, how did you even hear about me so quick?” This girl better chose her words carefully.”Ummmmm. One of my friends talked to me about you.” I walked back to her and stare her in the eyes. They say the eyes are the windows to the soul; whatever you see in that person's eyes is basically how they’re feeling at that exact moment. From that, I could tell what was going on in her mind. “You’re lying.”

“What! I‘m serious. I wasn’t lying.” I smiled at her sudden reaction. “Haha.. I was just kidding. You seem okay, although you’re kind of weird.” “Oh ok, you scare me there. For a minute, I thought you was going to kill me or something. You had this look in your eye like you was out to get me, you know.” So I’ve been told. “Tell you what Genny.... we can hang out if you want. I was just about ready to leave this shithole anyways.”

“Cool. What do you have in mind?” Genny later asked. “I guess wherever our minds takes us.....”

__________________

Quirkiness is not usually an element I would mix myself with. I’m more of a realistic, straight forward kind of person. I hate it when people go around corners to speak their minds, and despise those one think they’re so high and mighty or just simply out of whack. But Genova..... She's something else.  “Your mother actually allows you to dye your hair pink?” I asked, out of the blue. We spent the whole day just walking around, chatting. The day was getting cooler by the hour since we’re now in the month of September. Tired from just having nowhere to go, we stopped to have a seat near the outskirts of a beach. “I don’t know. She never really said anything about it when I did................... I couldn’t even tell if she liked it or not.”

“Wow. Well, I think it's cute. You don’t see much girls rocking pink hair around here. “

“Aww. Thanks so much.” She then reaches over and gives me another hug. “Hey, Hey. Three second rule remember?” I complained. “Sorry.” I shivered a little bit afterwards to get rid of the strange vibe. Well, it looks like that’s just another thing I need to get accustomed to.................. We continue to stare out into the horizon for a while. I almost got lost studying the movements of the waves going back and forth, and over again. They look so free. “You know, I haven’t really caught your name................. Hellllllooooooo.” She starts to wave her hand in front of my face.

“What?”

“I said ‘I haven’t caught your name.’

“Oh, sorry about that. I’m Bealy.” I looked in her eyes for a second time. And this time, I felt a peculiar aura coming from her. It wasn’t in a bad way, but something in my heart was telling me that I finally have a chance of having those so-called female bonding. Almost like those girls from the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, only in this case it would be the two of us. “Cool, that's a pretty unique name.. “

“Ummm, thanks.” Swish! Swish!

“Ummm Bealy? About earlier with getting to know you and stuff-”

“I know. Your friend didn’t actually talked to you about me.” She looked at me with an astonish look on her face. “How you know?”

“I was born with a special gift of remembering things. It's almost like photographic memory but not so exact................ I don’t know from which side of my family I got it from, but it's a thing that just happens.” Genny continues to gaze at me in confusion. It was almost like giving me the “What the fuck?” look. Hahaha. I don’t really blame her. If someone was reading my mind so clearly as I was, I would’ve been freaking out too. “But anyways, I’ve noticed you when I came late to Johnstone's class the other day. You was sitting in the corner of the classroom, all to yourself; staring out the window.”

“Woah............................., and I thought I was the weird one. That's super duper crazy.”

“Yeah..... My mom says it's one of my worst traits beside the bad attitude.” I laughed. “Well, we should be heading back to our dorms now. It's getting pretty late.” Genny suddenly gets up and stretches out her arms into the air.

“Yeah true......................, what’s your room number?”

“210.....Why?” You gotta be freaking kidding me. “That's where I’m at too. Look’s like I do have a roommate after all. How come you didn’t show up a few night before?”

“I just got it changed. The one that I was originally assigned to, was in full capacity, so they had to move me.” Wow, just when things get worse for me, they tend to get better. Look at the odds of meeting a cool person that happens to be your roomie. In my case, it would’ve been considered as impossible. “Well, I’m glad I have you rather than some bitch.” I just hope my current circumstances will remain sweet and prosperous as the days go by. I wouldn’t want to live in complete agony.