Miss

We were driving through an intersection at around 3 o'clock in the morning, Summer had fallen asleep a few hours ago. I was in the middle of the crossroads when out of no ware a pickup truck plunged into my car and hit the passenger side wear Summer had been sleeping, the air bags deployed, I could see Summer but she hadn't woken up yet.
"Summer!" I yelled but there was no response.
About 3 minutes later a ambulance arrived along with the police who arrested the guy for drunk driving. A fire truck had also shown up, they wedged my leg out. Summers unconscious body was being taken by the ambulance on a gurney. I looked back at my car still in shock, the pick up truck had launched my car about 5-7 feet away from were I was originally driving.
I quickly hopped in the ambulance, insisting that I was fine even though a paramedic tried to take care on my leg anyway. Once we got to the hospital they had to do some surgery's on Summers head. Even after all the surgery's, she still didn't wake up. She wasn't brain dead rather in a coma is what the doctor explained. I used my family's money to get her the treatment she needed. Even when school started back again, I would go to school and then go strait back to the hospital. I was there every day, making sure she was ok and staying by her. I loved her and wouldn't let her go, ever.
"Earth to Josh!" Summer half yelled bringing me back to the present.
"Yeah sorry I guess I spaced out" I said
" it's ok" she smiled
A flash of her bloody unconscious face rolled through my mind, sending a shiver down my spine because in truth I did blame myself for what happened. Even though that guy was drunk and he was the one who ran the red light, I still blamed myself for putting Summer through that. The only person I ever cared about was put in a hospital bed for 5 months while her helpless body laid there, unable to move. Skin turning white and pale, limbs, bony and fragile, lips rough and dry. Not my Summer at all but that didn't stop me from loving her. I kissed her forehead, and she smiled. I was nice to see her like this, happy again.