Six

It was like an earth quake. The earth rumbled from below the crust as a giant Ice shard rose up from the ground. Crackling and crumbling the flawless mirror into sharp little pebbles. The planet stopped shaking and a massive chunk of ice was left suspended in the air.
I could make out the lines of what was inside of it, holy crap! it was Josh!
Then a surge of wind came through, the snow form the lake, all came off in an instant, leaving the white pearls to sparkle in the air as they fell softly to the ground once more. I looked at the ground beneath me, there was six different looking figures, who were also incased in the water solid.
I gasped and back away.
These were the people who had gone missing, there were the ones in the new paper!
1-Jennifer Simpson, age 35
2-William Thompson, age 56
3-Karen Laymen, age 28
4-Jeremy Smith, age 49
5-Carter Fork, age 18
6-McKenna Cook, age 13
All six of those people had been trapped by Ice, all of those people had suffered a horrible death.
All different ages, different names, different looks, different personalities, all stripped away by death.
I walked over the the nearest one, I assume it was McKenna. She was young, short, beautiful ombré locks. She couldn't have only been maybe in 8th grade by her looks. Poor girl, had her whole life ahead of her, only to be taken away by someone who wasn't worthy to even move on.
Warm water fell down me cheek. I looked back at Ice who was marveling at his work with the shard of Josh's dead body.
"How could you? She was only a child!"
"Whatever do you mean she was nothing but a little brat and she got in the way"
"How could you say that about a human life?!"
"Oh darling, I regret nothing" he smirked
In the same moment he smiled a crack broke out in the ice that held Josh's body. Then another and another, the whole thing broke.
Leaving Josh falling to the ground, he hit hard, just laying there. Then Josh's eyes opened....