Missing

Once we got home, which took forever because the car broke down half way so we had to push it the rest of the way. We realized we hadn't eaten since this morning but there hardly wasn't anything left to eat.
"Hm...I guess I'll have to go hunting then" Josh said grabbing a rifle from a closet.
Like who the fuck has a rifle just handy in there closet to go shooting?!
"Since when do you now how to hunt?" I asked
"I had lessons twice a week before I met you" he grinned.
"Yeah ok I'll just cut up some of the veggies we have left in the fridge" I said going along with it.
"Sounds good, I'll be back soon"
"Ok love you"
"Love you to Summer"He said stepping out onto the white dust that covered earth.
I washed the vegetables in warm water and cut them up then I went to sit down next to the window. I just couldn't believe that Angela was Josh's friend she seemed so mean and he was so nice and gentle it just didn't make sense. On the bright side Josh said that we were going ice skating tomorrow which will be fun then I picked up the newspaper and read, obviously having nothing else to do.
"MISSING PEOPLE REPORT"
" 6 people gone missing in the last month"
"1-Jennifer Simpson, 35years old 2-William Thompson, 56years old 3-Karen laymen, 28years old 4- Jeremy Smith, 49years old 5- Carter Fork, 18years old 6- McKenna Cook, 13years old".
I found it weird that 6 people had gone missing all in the same month. They were all different ages and both male and female. I looked at the time and Josh had already been gone for 4hours, I wasn't an expert on hunting but I feel like he should be back by now. I looked out the window, the snow on the trees glowed off of the moon light. It was dark and he wasn't back yet, it made me kind of worried. He knew what he was doing so I decided to let him be. I made myself some green leaf tea, sat down with my book(old yeller) and began to read, awaiting his return.