Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

            Preston was walking to his creative writing class, as much as he loved this class he wasn’t looking forward to it today. Today Joaquin was going to find out they were no longer working on the project together. He can only hope that he wouldn’t do anything stupid. Preston walked into the classroom and found a seat in the front. Preston looked around the room to see if Joaquin was there yet. He saw him walk in and take a seat in the back. Joaquin smiled and winked at Preston, he scrunched up his nose in disgust. He turned back to face the front, he just needed to get through this class and leave before Joaquin had a chance to get to him. Once Professor Johnson talked to Joaquin, he was going to be pissed at Preston.

As soon as Professor Johnson dismissed them, Preston grabbed his stuff and shot up from his seat. He saw Joaquin waiting for him, until the professor called Joaquin to the front. Preston let out a sigh of relief and walked out of the classroom. He knew that he would only be able to avoid Joaquin for so long. Sooner or later he was going to have to face him, and when he did it wasn’t going to be pretty. Preston walked to the local coffee shop near the school. He a while before his next class, he needed time to think. He walked in, ordered his cappuccino and brownie. He took a seat at a table by the window; he didn’t know how much longer he could go on lying to Robert. The guilt was really getting to him and it wasn’t fair to Robert. He wanted to know if he told Robert, would he forgive him or break up with him? He would like to believe he would, but in the back of his mind he knew he wouldn’t. Who would be stupid enough to forgive a cheater? No one would, no matter how much they loved them.

Preston finished his cappuccino and brownie; he walked back to the campus. He was almost to his next class, when he felt someone grab his wrist and turn him around. He came face to face with Robert, Preston let out a sigh of relief. He had thought Joaquin had finally caught up to him.

“Hey amor, thought I would catch you before your next class.” Robert leaned in and kissed Preston. Robert deserves more, he deserved better than him, Preston thought.

“Hey snookums,” Preston wrapped his arms around Robert’s waist and held on tight. What was he going to do if he ever lost Robert? His life would never be the same without him or the twins. “I thought you had a class at this time?” Robert lifted Preston’s face towards his.

“Yeah, but the Professor wasn’t feeling well so he let us go early. So the real reason I came to see you was too ask you if you would like to go out for dinner. I know how long it’s been since we have had an actual date.” Preston smiled and kissed him.

“Yes I would really love that. So where are you taking me?” Preston rested his head on Roberts’s chest, as Robert ran his fingers through his hair.

“Well I was thinking of taking you to Osaka Japanese Steak House, I know that the last time we went there it was ruined. So I thought I would make it up to you and try again, hopefully this time we won’t be interrupted. So what do you say?” He really didn’t deserve Robert; he was too much of a good person. Preston nodded his head, his was afraid to speak. He knew he would start to cry if he did. “Ok great, well your class is about to start so I will let you got. So I will see you later, I love you.” Robert kissed Preston on the forehead before he walked off.

“I love you too,” Preston whispered as he watched Robert walk off. Preston walked to his next class; he sat there thinking about everything. He let out a loud sigh and closed his eyes. His life right now was supposed to get better not worse. Until he told Robert about what he did, it was only going to get worse.

Preston placed his car in park, today had been a horrible day for him. He had spent most of the day looking over his shoulder in case Joaquin was around. The longer he avoided Joaquin, the angrier he is going to be with him. It was never good to have someone angry at you, angry people always did bad things. Preston walked inside the apartment; he found Robert and Ramona with the twins. Smiled at how happy everyone was, now if only he could get happy.

“Hey snookums,” Preston leaned down and gave Robert a kiss on the cheek. “Hey Ramona,” Preston said as he sat down next to Robert and took Sidney from her. “So how was everyone’s day?” Preston asked as he smiled down at Sidney, even though he was feeling terrible lately Robert and the twins could make him smile. It also reminded him what he would lose if the truth was to ever come out.

“Amor my day was great because I get to see you.” Robert leaned over and kissed him. Preston closed his eyes savored the simple kiss. “How was your day?” horrible and all I have been feeling guilty because I let myself fall into temptation for a guy I couldn’t even stand. Is what Preston wanted to tell Robert, but he couldn’t.

“It was ok, but it got better when I saw you too.” Preston forced a smile on his face. Robert caressed Preston’s cheek and smiled back at him.

“So are you ready to go out for dinner, I was thinking of watching a movie as well if you want?”

“That sounds great, let’s go so we can get back early.” Robert and Preston put the twins in their nursery and told Ramona goodbye. The ride to the restaurant was quiet, Preston was in deep thought. Robert placed the car in parked and turned to let at Preston. He reached over and grabbed his hand; Preston turned and looked at Robert.

“Amor is there something bothering you? I just ask because you have been really quiet today.” Preston let out a loud sigh.

“No nothing is bothering me, just getting stressed out with my school work that’s all.” Preston hated lying to Robert but he couldn’t tell him the truth.

“Is it the project you have to do with Joaquin?” Preston never told him about getting out of the project, he was afraid he would ask why.

“Yeah just finding the time to work on it, but we should be done with it soon.”

“Well that’s good; I know how much you weren’t really looking forward to working with him. Well now that Ramona is living with us, you two can work on it at the apartment.”

“Yeah I know, well lets go in before it starts to get packed inside.” Robert nodded his head. Preston felt worse than he did before; he was truly turning into a horrible person.