Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

            Preston opened his eyes and stared at the clock, it was already five in the morning. He had about thirty more minutes until he had to be downstairs. He was going to be stuck in the kitchen with Robert’s grandma, mom and Nora, he would much rather stay here in bed in Robert’s arms. He looked over to Robert; he thought he was lucky he got to sleep in. Preston sighed and moved out of Robert’s grip, but was pulled back.

            “Where do you think you are going?” Robert said sleepily.

“Ugh did you forget what today is and a certain someone said if I wasn’t in the kitchen by five thirty. She would come up here and drag me out of bed. So I have to get out of bed and go downstairs.” Preston said as tried to get out of Robert’s grip, but failed.

            “Ah come on just ten more minutes.” Robert said as he started to kiss Preston on the neck. Preston placed his hand over Robert’s mouth.

            “If you’re going to do that, it won’t be just ten more minutes and you know it. I really don’t feel like having Liliana walking in on us. So I’m just going to get dress and head downstairs.” Preston gave him a quick peck on the lips and got out of the bed.

            “Ugh fine leave me alone in this big empty bed, hope you have fun. By the way you better not let her hear you calling her by her name.”  Robert said, Preston groaned and threw a pillow at him. “Ouch, that’s not very nice.” Robert rubbed his head as he got out of bed and walked over to Preston.

            “Well you don’t have to remind me that it’s not going to be fun. Yes I know what she plans on doing if she hears me calling her by her name.”

“Hey if you get caught, at least you will have a clean mouth.” Robert laughed and Preston rolled his eyes. “Anyway my mom is going to be there too, so it won’t be so bad. Remember my mom is a sweetheart, just like you.”

“I thought Liliana was a sweetheart until I was forced to be in the kitchen with her. She wasn’t the same sweet old lady I first met, so I’m just worried your mom is going to be the same way.” Preston slipped on a pair of sweatpants and one of Robert’s t-shirt.

“My mom isn’t that bad in the kitchen, she might even help keep my grandma in line. Remember you’re going to have Nora there too, at least with her there you will have fun. If you want I can come down and help out, so it won’t be so bad. ”

“They said you couldn’t help because then it would just ruin my learning to cook. Just because you feel like you have to do everything for me.” Robert frowned.

“I don’t do everything for you, nor do I feel the need that I have to do everything for you. I love you and it makes me feel good when I can make you happy.” Preston hugged Robert.

“Well I wish you would cut it out, everyone already thinks I’m helpless without you. You make me look like I’m a damsel in distress.” Robert laughed.

“I know, but I just can’t help it, it’s just in my nature to want to help the ones I love.” Robert as he placed his forehead against Preston’s. “But if you want I will stop doing everything for you and I’m sorry that I made you feel like a damsel in distress.”

“Thank you, well I better head downstairs.” Preston kissed Robert.

“Ok I will be down soon, just going to go check on the twins.” Robert said as Preston walked out of the room. Preston took a deep breath before heading to the kitchen; he really wasn’t looking forward for what the day had in store for him. He walked into the kitchen and found Nora, Tanya and Liliana having coffee and talking. Liliana stopped talking; she looked at the clock on the wall and looked back at Preston.