Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Preston dragged his feet as he got out of bed; he wasn't really looking forward to today. It was the first day back to classes and it also was the start of his four month long project with Joaquin. It doesn't help that he and Robert haven't been getting enough sleep because of the twin's coming down with the flu. However Robert tried his best to take care of them, because he knew Preston couldn't live off of a few hours of sleep. Preston got dressed and headed to the kitchen. He was relieved to see Ramona and she was tending to the twins as Robert was making breakfast.

"Good morning Preston," Ramona said as Preston made his way to Robert.

"Good morning Ramona." Preston walked behind Robert, wrapped his arms around him and rested his chin on his shoulder. "Morning snookums why didn't you wake me, I could have made breakfast." Robert turned off the stove and turned around to face Preston. He gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"You needed your sleep for the first day of classes." Preston frowned.

"You need your sleep too; you have been staying up late for the past couple of days with the twins. If anyone needs more sleep it's you." Preston grabbed Roberts face and could see the bags under his eyes getting darker and bigger. He could see the lack of sleep was getting to him. Robert grabbed Preston's hands and took them off his face; he kissed them before he let them go.

"Amor I'm fine, I run better on little sleep you know that." Robert grabbed the plates on set them on the table. "Now let's sit down and eat breakfast." They sat down and Ramona joined them after she put the twins in their bassinets.

"So Preston, Robert tells me you have this writing project that you're not really looking forward to. Why is that, I thought you loved writing?" Ramona asked, Preston scrunched up his nose.

"Ugh yes, it's not the project itself. It's a great project idea don't get me wrong, but it's a partner project. Unfortunately I got paired with a guy that really gets on my nerves."

"Well sorry to hear about that, but maybe he is just misunderstood?" Robert snorted.

"I don't think so, just so you know this guy has been hitting on Preston since school started. I told Preston they are to work on the project here, so I can keep an eye on Joaquin."

"Well ok never mind then, well good thing you will be doing it here. Pretty sure he will behave himself if Robert is around." Ramona added.

"We can only hope, I think he could have a death wish. That guy can't take anything serious. I just feel like he is going to treat this project the same way." Preston looked at the clock. "Well I better get going, don't want to be late for class now." Preston took his plate to the sink and kissed Robert.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drop you off?" Preston shook his head. "Ok I'll see you later than." Preston waved goodbye to them and walked out the door.

Preston took his time getting to class; it didn't matter where he sat anymore. Whether he liked or not, there was no way he could avoid Joaquin this semester. Preston walked into the classroom and took the first empty seat he found. He didn't really pay attention to who he had sat down next to. He sat there as Professor Johnson went on and on with today's lecture, until he felt someone tapping him on his shoulder. Preston turned and came face to face with Joaquin, Preston let out a groan.

"What do you want?" Preston asked hastily, he really hoped the professor would dismiss them soon. He wasn't in the mood to put up with Joaquin today.

"So beautiful, I look like our quality time together is going to start today." Joaquin said as Preston rolled his eyes. "So when do you want to get together and start on it?" Preston thought about it, there could get started on it now and be done with it in a few weeks. Or he could put it off for a while; it wasn't going to take them the full four months to do the project.