Chapter Five

Chapter Five

It was the last day of class before thanksgiving, they were going home tomorrow for a week. Preston was looking forward to going home; they were going to have thanksgiving at his house this year. His whole family, Vera and everyone in Robert's family were going to be there. Maybe spending time with everyone will help him get his mind off of things that had been bothering him. Preston's doubts hadn't increased nor lessen, but they were still there. He was trying so hard to be happy about it like Robert was, but nothing helped him with the doubts. Preston got ready and went to the kitchen; he could smell Robert making breakfast.

"Good morning snookums," Preston said as he went over to hug and kiss Robert. "Wow waffles, what's the special occasion?"

"Morning amorcito, no occasion just felt like making waffles." Robert said as he placed a plate in front of Preston. "So my family is excited about spending thanksgiving with your family. It's going to feel weird not cooking or helping out. You don't think your mom will need help?" Preston chuckled; he knew how much Robert loved to cook.

"Nope sorry she doesn't want you to help." Robert frowned.

"Ah come on I know she is going to need help, that's a lot of cooking for one person."

"Really you did it by yourself last year."

"Not true you wouldn't let me do it all by myself, besides you know how much I like to cook. Why I'm I asking you anyway, I'm going to call your mom." Robert said as he pulled out his phone and dialed.

"Oh my god I can't believe you are really calling my mom, she is going to tell you no." Preston said as he shook his head.

"Sshh the phone is ringing," Robert said "Hey Erin this is Robert, how are you?" Preston could hear his mom's voice but couldn't make out what she was saying. "That's good, I'm doing great. So I was wondering, I know that cooking for thanksgiving is a lot work and I wanted to know if you would like some help." Preston listened as his mom talked to Robert, when he saw him frown he knew his mom told him no. "Are you sure I don't mind at all." Robert frowned again. "Well if you are sure then I guess I will just be a regular guest." Robert laughed. "Yes Chloe will be joining us at your place for thanksgiving and thanks for inviting her, she only really have us and my family." Preston frowned he had forgotten about Chloe not having anywhere to go for thanksgiving. He knew he was just being selfish, but if Chloe was there everyone will be focus on her. Which meant Robert's focus will be on her as well. Preston got up and placed his plate and cup in the sink, he started to wash his plate as he waited for Robert to get off the phone. Preston felt a pair of arms go around his waist, as Robert pulled him closer to him. "I can't believe your mom isn't letting me help out." Robert said, Preston laughed.

"I told you she wasn't going to let you help, you were just wasting your time by asking." Preston said as he placed the dishes to dry. "So it's our last night before we go home for a week. I think a romantic night alone is in order, home cook dinner, romantic movie and a special treat for you if you don't complain during the movie." Preston turned around to face Robert when he heard him sigh. "What's wrong?" Preston asked.

"Um ok don't get mad, I kind of invited Vera and Xavier out for dinner tonight." Preston was pissed, he loved Vera and Xavier but he just wanted one night alone with Robert before going home. Robert felt Preston take a deep breath, he knew he was upset. "Look I'm sorry I can just call them and tell them we can get together some other time, they will understand." Robert said as he kissed him on the cheek. Robert released him and pulled out his phone, but was stopped by Preston when he grabbed his phone from him.

"It's ok, we can still go out with them." Robert looked at Preston; he could see that he was still upset. He hated to see him upset, especially when it was his fault.