sad johnny stuff(kinda hc)

Do you think, when he's at the Curtis's house or in the lot, he cries himself to sleep. I know in the book they says Johnny doesn't cry easily and he's not a weak as he seems, but he probably cries when he's alone and he knows he'll be a lone for a while. He'll probably be curled up on the couch or dusty car seat in the lot and think about his parents. He'll try to think of why they hate him, and what he did wrong for them to hate him so much, and when he can't he'll brake down in tears. He wonders if one or both of his parents wanted a kid, what of one of them didn't want to have a baby but they didn't have enough money to pay for a abortion. He wondered how he didn't break any bones from all the beating he's got from them.

He'll also think about the Curtis's. He'll look at Darry and feel guilty that he's staying at their house, eating their food, using up water to take a shower, and he gives them nothing in return. He'll thank Darry but to him(Johnny) that's not enough. When pony told Johnny "no we don't. If you just shut your trap Johnny Cade because you ain't wanted at home either!" Hit hard, even though pony said he was sorry doesn't mean it'll stop replying in his head.

He doesn't like when people say he looks like a abused puppy. It makes him feel weak

(I would write more about this but eh)