will herondale : princess

(Y/N) exhaled as Sophie finished lacing the back of her dress. A royal blue dress with black accents and lace trimming. Her body was covered from shoulder to toe, the only skin showing was her neck and the upper two inches of her shoulders.

"Thank you Sophie." She thanked her with a smile, taking one last look the mirror before turning away from it. Sophie nodded, not saying another word before leaving the room and shutting the door behind her.

After some time sitting in front of her make-up station, applying her face with angel precision (Y/N) rose. She made her way through the halls of the London Institute, wondering towards the kitchen where she was sure breakfast was being served.

Relief washed over (Y/N) when she entered the dining room and saw only Jem and Charlotte. She knew Henry was probably in his office, tinkering with some invention. Jessamine was probably still applying her make-up or still trying to decide which dress to wear today.

But (Y/N) couldn't place where Will was, usually he was the first downstairs for a meal. Perhaps he was just running late. She was glad he wasn't there already, it would save her a comment about the dress. Will was always making comments about her clothes, teasing her about how she looked like a princess.

"Good morning." Will said, entering the room with his hand tucked into the pocket of his jacket. His eyes scanned the room, landing on (Y/N) as she walked to her seat. Quickly, he raced to her chair, pulling it out for her, "Especially to you, Princess." Will grinned, motioning for her to take a seat.

(Y/N) grit her teeth, "Thank you Will." She said, putting emphasis on his name. He had done it since she had gotten here a year ago, not once had he called her by her actual name.

Will chuckled under his breath, shaking his head and taking a seat across from (Y/N). He tapped his fingers on the table clothe, his legs crossed, the way he always did.

(Y/N) had always found Will to be rude, morning giving both Sophie or Charlotte enough recognition for their work. He also insisted on making jokes far to disgusting to allow anyone to care about him. His attitude towards life was awful as well, as long as his glass was full and his bed was occupied Will seemed to be a happy man.

But surely that couldn't be all there was to him. No one was truly that shallow, there was something he had to be hiding. (Y/N) had once seen him flinch as he insulted Henry, as if the words he were saying physically hurt him. She wondered if he did not have control over his own mouth sometimes, or if he simply insisted on pushing away anyone who could possibly care about him.

Will ran his hand through his black hair, "I am going to go to my room." He said, standing up  from his place at the breakfast table. His eyes then flickered to (Y/N), a smirk rising on his lips, "Care to join me, Princess?" Will asked.

(Y/N) narrowed her eyes at him, when he first started calling her by that nickname she thought it was sweet. Now it was annoying, just once she wished that he should call her by her actual name. She hated the teasing, hated when Will made fun of her for enjoying doing her make up and dressing nice.

She rose to her feet, her back straight and lips pressed. Her cheeks were flushed with both embarrassment and anger. "That is it William." (Y/N) hissed, her hands clenched at her side. "Just because everyone else lets you walk around here and insult them does not mean I am going to." She told him, her voice steady and dangerous.

This was the final straw, how dare he advance her like so in front of everyone else. She was a lady, how dare he make her out to seem like that kind of girl.

She watched his face, the smirk dropped and his eyes glossed over. For a moment his shallow facade dropped, this was the real Will.

(Y/N) waltzed towards the door, her back to a stunned room. "And by the way." She hissed, spinning to look at Will with daggered eyes. "My name is (Y/N)." She said, her teeth bared. With that she left the room, her back to Will as she walked away still angry.

Will was stunned, he had never had anyone talk to him the way she had just. Teasing her was the only way he knew how to express his feelings, the only person Will ever allowed himself to let care about him was Jem. It was hard for Will to let anyone in, but somehow (Y/N) had gotten under his skin.

He sighed, running his fingers through his hair before he made his way after her silently. Panic rose in Wills chest when he couldn't see (Y/N) I'm the hallway to either side of him.

Will then remembered something she had told him one night.

(Y/N) was leaning against the balcony edging, her eyes scanning over the London skyline. Having grown up there her entire life the city was home, seeing the lights of the city made her happy.

Will saw her, standing on the balcony and looking across their city. He smiled, this was something he would like to capture forever. Since (Y/N) had come to the London Institute he couldn't help but stare at her. Shadowhunters were known for their beauty, but she was more beautiful than anyone he had ever met.

"Enjoying the view?" (Y/N) asked, sensing that someone was behind her. She smiled at Will, the lights shone against his charcoal black hair.

Will smiled at his feet, leaning on the railing next to her. "It's beautiful isn't it?" He asked her.

(Y/N) nodded, "This is my favorite view from the whole Institute." She said, her hands clasped together as she gazed happily across the night sky.

Will stood corrected, her staring out at the city was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

There she was, leaning against the balcony like she had been before. This time she wasn't looking out at the city, she had her head hung and placed in her hands.

Will felt his chest tighten, he hated seeing people cry, especially when it was his fault. He sighed, making his way over to where she was standing.

She looked up at him and scowled, "I would like to be alone William." She said, her voice still cold. The person that (Y/N) wanted to talk to was Will.

That's fair, Will thought. He sighed, "I'm sorry (Y/N)." His voice was low. Wills throat burned, he hated apologizing but it was needed here.

This was a first, Will never called (Y/N) by her name. She was shocked, so much so that she raised her head out of her hands to look at him. He tried to smile at her but his face didn't move, Will was too afraid of how she would react.

Will placed his hand on the side of her face, "I am sorry for upsetting you, the nickname was not meant to anger you." Will apologized, explaining himself a little further.

(Y/N) sighed, "From now on I would appreciate if you addressed me by my name." She said. (Y/N) pulled away from Will, turning to look back at the city.

Wills hand dropped to his side. He sighed, his eyes still watching her watch the city. The lights of the city reflected in her eyes, Will wished he was reflecting in those eyes. He turned to walk away from her, giving her the space that she had asked him for.

Will almost made it to the door, but he stopped, "I wouldn't call you princess if I didn't believe you to be one." He said, just loud enough for her to hear him.

(Y/N) turned around to look at him, but Will didn't turn back around as he entered the Institute.

~~~~~~~
A/N
Word Count: 1381