julian blaclthorn : ocean

It was a Saturday, and Livvy and Dru were begging to go to the beach, as a family. Ty, of course, hated the idea and insisted that the ocean was dangerous and he would get sand in his book. Tavvy seemed excited while Emma held him, watching as Julian's eyes widened. Kit sat on the counter and smiled at Ty, wondering how he got someone so cute. Mark leaned against the door , Cristina next to him, with his arms crossed, trying to hide his excitement while Julian made a decision.

It had been years since they had gone to the beach, all of them. "I um- we-" Julian tried to find an excuse as to why they couldn't go to the beach, but his mind was blank. He let out a large huff, the air moving his soft curls, "Alright, we'll go!" He said, tossing his hands in the air.

The kids all cheered, Emm almost dropped Tavvy and he celebrated in her arms. The kids then all ran from the room, bumping into (Y/N) who had been late for breakfast.

"(Y/N)! We're going to the beach!" Tavvy told her excitedly, grabbing onto her shirt with a large smile.

She looked down at the child, "Okay!" She exclaimed, entertaining his excitement. "You guys should go get ready." (Y/N) told them, looking at Ty and Livvy to pack the car and make sure the younger two were dressed properly. The four youngest Blackthorns and Kit all disappeared from the kitchen. Leaving only Emma, Cristina, Mark and Julian in the kitchen.

Julian sighed, resting his hands on the counter and dropping his head. "This is going to be an adventure." Thank god that Mark had come home, and that Cristina had come to stay with them because most days he, Emma and (Y/N) struggled to keep the kids in line.

"Don't worry about it Jules." Emma told him, rubbing his back in attempt to calm him. "There's four of us, and Ty, Livvy and Kit are all old enough to watch Dru and Tavvy as well. You worry too much." She told him, he sent her a soft glare.

He knew she was right, he did worry about them too much. But he couldn't help it, he had been raising them for five years. With that Julian left the kitchen, preparing himself to take five kids to the beach.

***

Emma had been right, Julian did worry too much. All the kids were behaving perfectly. Ty and Kit were laid out on a blanket on their own, Ty reading while Kit tried to get him to swim. Livvy, Emma, (Y/N) and Mark were with Dru and Tav in the ocean. Mark was holding Tavvy in his arms, afraid to let him go to far.

Julian was sitting on the shore, his eyes running over each of his siblings. He caught himself constantly counting to make sure they were all there, making sure no one was hurt.

(Y/N) jogged our of the water, her hair dripping wet along with the rest of her body. She dropped herself on the beach towel next to Julian.

The two constantly flirted, his eyes running over her body whenever they trained. She would catch him and ask him if he wanted a picture. (Y/N) would tell him how great his hair looked, and he could compliment her outfit.

"Are you going to go in?" She asked, closing her arms behind her head and closing her eyes behind her sunglasses.

Julian stared at her stomach, his eyes scanning over the bruises, scars and old runes. "I don't think so." He thought of the last time he was in the ocean, Emma had nearly drown and he had fished her out.

She sat up on her elbows, looking at him, "Why not?" (Y/N) asked, her eyes wondering over his tones chest. His parabatai rune on his left collar bone dipped and curved with his body, other runes scattered across his arms and chest. (Y/N) looked at the iratze on his chest and shivered, she had drawn it when he had gotten stabbed by a fearie weapon. That had been one of the worst nights of her life.

Julian shrugged, one of his knees bent as he leaned back on one elbow. "Just don't want to." What he really meant was that he thought that if he allowed himself one second of fun, if he looked away for one moment, something would happen to his family.

His eyes wondered to where Kit and Ty laid. It looked to him like Kit had given up on trying to get Ty to go swimming, Julian hoped after a few chapters of his book Ty would give in. Julian smiled at his brother, he was so glad that Ty found someone that cared about him. Even if Ty was too daft to see it.

(Y/N) smirked, coming up with a plan to get Julian in the water. "Come here." She said, waving her hand to beaconing him to her.

Julian narrowed his eyes at her, seeing the smirk on her lips, "No." He said, leaning further away from her. Julian knew that look, it was the same one she would have when they were training right before she jumped on his back.

She rolled her eyes, "Just come here." (Y/N) flirted, her sunglasses lowered to try and grab his attention.

"No, you're going to hit me." Julian said, holding still on the large beach towel.

(Y/N) laughed, "I am not!" She said, standing up from the towel.

Julian watched as she stood in front of him, the sun behind her. Her hair blew due to the ocean breeze, her sunglasses handing on her nose and her bikini clinging to her skin because it was still wet. If he didn't know better he would have guessed she was an angel, she was beautiful.

"Come here." She said again, extending a hand to him. The look on her face was irresistible, it amazed him that she was still single.

Julian sighed and took her hand, abandoning his spot on the towel. As he stumbled to his feet (Y/N) began pulling him towards the ocean, dragging him despite his earlier protests. He dug his heels into the sand, stopping (Y/N) from dragging him. When she turned to drag him again Julian had already wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her in the air.

"Julian!" She yelled, laughing loudly as he held her in the air. (Y/N) laced her fingers with Julian's that were wrapped around her waist, laughs ranking over her body. "Jules!" (Y/N) laughed, her stomach aching from how hard she was laughing.

Her finally set her down, his arms still wrapped around her waist, they stood pressed together. She finally stopped laughing, silence falling between them. (Y/N) looked up at Julian, watching the sun reflect in his blue-green eyes.

Julian glanced at her lips, "Come here." He mumbled, mirroring her words from earlier as he pulled her to him.

Their lips interlocked, her hands finding their way into his dry chocolate curls. His hands gripped at her hips, sliding against the material of her string bikini bottom. She tasted like salt, it was probably from the sea water that splashed upon her lips.

"I've wanted to do that for the longest time." Julian said, his face still only inches from hers.

(Y/N) laughed, "Glad to know after months of flirting you finally got the hint." She joked, a smile still playing on her lips.

Julian rolled his eyes at her, "It's a two way street sweetheart." He responded, poking her nose with his finger. She watched him, with a wide grin, as he made his way towards the water, "Aren't you coming?" Julian asked her, her smile mirrored on his face.

(Y/N) nodded as she ran down the sand after him. Julian braced himself as she got closer, knowing what was coming. She kept into the air and jumped onto his back, his arms linking under her knees as they started towards his siblings.

~~~~~~~~
A/N
Word Count: 1381