Chapter Thirty-Nine - I Lose My Whole World On My Birthday

Madison’s P.O.V

I wake up smiling and look over at Jake sleeping right next to me. I softly kiss his cheek and slowly get out of bed without waking him. As I’m opening the door I hear him mumble something in his sleep, “Love you Madie” I smiled and whispered it back to him. “Love you Jake” I walked down stairs and was greeted by Jen. “Good morning, are we still on for later today?” she says while nudging my arm. I chuckle and I nod, “I just need to pick up some little things before the party but just remember the party is starting at 6pm, so make sure everyone is here on time” she nods, “Yes and I’m I still taking Jake out so he does not get any hints about the party” I nod and I hear someone running down the stairs. I look behind me and see Nolan already dressed and he runs and hugs my leg, “I want to help” I smile and pick him  up, “Ok you can help cause I will need some help planning this party” I say tickling his stomach. Jen hears Jake moving up stairs so she hurried up and pushed me out the door. I hurry to my car and drive before Jake notices me leaving. I reach the party story and run in with Nolan. After buying everything I needed for the party we walk out with balloons, streamers, and other party supplies. I pile it all in my car and put Nolan back in his car seat. I got in the car and texted Edgar, so he and Joey could help me set up the party:

“Hey are you busy and is Joey with you?”

“No, I’m not busy and I could text Joey but what’s up?”

“Well I am throwing Jake a surprise birthday party”

“Yeah me and Joey can help set up, where should we meet you?”

“Meet me at Jakes house but let me make sure Jake is not home first”

I hurry up and call Jen, “Hello Jen is Jake still at home?” I hear laughter and the sound of arcade games in the background. “No, he took me to a Dave and Busters to play games and eat lunch, so we won’t be home for hours” I sighed in relief, “Ok, just keep him busy while we set up the party, but we should be done by 6pm, but I will text you when we are done” I get off the phone and finally reach the house, I see that Edgar and Joey are waiting for us. I pull in the drive way, “Hey guys thanks for coming to help” I say hugging both of them. We all take the bags of party supplies into the house. While them two are decorating I order some party food. After two and half hours I unlock my phone and notice it was 5:30 and I told Jen to bring Jake back at 6. I hurry up and make sure everything is in the right spot. I hear all the guest I invited from Jakes phone arriving. I hurry up and run out to greet them all. After the last person came in I remember that Jake’s and Nolan’s presents are at my apartment. So I run up to Edgar and tell him, “Yeah I will be right back, Jake should be here any minute so get everyone in position” he nods and I run out and jump into my car and take off to my apartment.

Jake’s P.O.V

I wake up and roll over and went to hug Madie, “Good morning sunshine” but all I hugged where her blankets and sheets. I sit up and looked around the room trying to find her. “Madie, are you here?” I hear the front door shut, so I got up and threw on some boxers and walked down stairs. I noticed Jen walking into the kitchen. I walk in and greet her, “Good morning sis” she smiles and looks over at me and immediately covered her eyes, “Jake you should have some pants on while you walk around the house” I chuckle and open the fridge.  I grabbed a juice and moved to the island in the middle of the kitchen and grabbed an apple. “Hey have you seen Madie, I wanted to spend my birthday with just her on my couch watching Netflix” Jen was still covering her eyes, “Oh she left and she didn’t say much about when she will be back, sorry Jake” I got really sad after I heard Madie just got up and left, when she knew it was my birthday today. I hear Jen making noise tapping her fingers against the island. “If you get dressed, I will spend the day with you” I smile and head up stairs. I put on a black and white Young & Reckless shirt and black and white Underarmor shorts and slipped on my Nike flip-flops. I rush down stairs and grabbed my keys and walked out to my car with Jen. I get into the car and Jen and asked, “So where are we going?” I sigh “I don’t know really” we both look at each other and started laughing. “Oh I got where we can go” Jen says jumping up and down in her seat. She finally calms down and stares out the window. I sigh “Where do you want to go?” she smiles and turns towards me, “Let’s go to Dave and Busters” I smile and start the car and head to the restaurant.