Chapter Thirty-Seven - I Go Ring Shopping!?

Jake’s P.O.V

I wake up and Madison is next to me, I finally convinced her she could sleep in bed with me and it would not hurt me. I watched her sleep and just soaked in her beauty. Until I realized that I had plans with the guys today. I slowly and quietly inched out of bed and got dressed. As I was walking down the stairs I saw Jen and my mom in the kitchen. “Hey if Madison wakes up can you guys keep her busy until I get home?” they didn’t ask why, they just nodded and went back talking about shoes and clothes. I hurried out to my car and texted Edgar on an old IPhone of mine:

“Hey I’m leaving now, meet me at the mall!!!”

As I drove I got a text from Madison:

“Why did you leave me this morning?”

“Sorry I forgot I had plans with the guys today, but I will make it up to you I promise”

With that I felt bad for leaving her when I’m hurt; I don’t mean to worry her. I arrive at the mall and meet up with Edgar and Joey in the food court. “Hey guys are you ready to help me?” they both were confused on what they were going to be helping me with because I have not told him why we’re here. I laugh, “Follow me guys and then everything will make since” About 5minutes pass and we finally arrive in front of Jared’s Jewelry Store. The guys finally figure out why we came here and started smiling and saying, “Awe you’re going to ask her to marry you, that’s so sweet” I grin and I start looking for a ring. We walk in and we are immediately greeted by 3 sales people, “Hello how may we help you today gentlemen?” all three said at the same time. I looked at all three wondering who I talk to first, but I said screw it and said, “Yeah I’m here to buy a engagement ring for my girlfriend” they all smiled and the second sales person stepped forward and motioned us to follow. He showed us about 10 different cases of rings and none of them said “I’m the right one” so after like an hour and half passed I was showed the last case,  Joey and Edgar left to go get food from the food court. “Here we are gentleman, this is the last case of our engagement rings” the sales rep said. I started looking and one just caught my eyes, “That one right there” I say pointing at the one I wanted. He opened the case and pulled out the ring, “This is a nice chose and it’s our princess cut diamond. Before he even said the price of the ring, “I’ll take it” I said with so much excitement. After I bought the ring I headed to find Edgar and Joey. As I was walking someone walked up wrapped her arm around my waist and gasped at the jewelry bag as someone from the media snapped a picture of us. Right after I could see from the flash, I noticed the person was Becky, “What are you doing here and what was up with the picture?” she just chuckled, “Silly goose to show the whole world that you’re sorry for hurting me and your trying to say I’m sorry by asking me to be Mrs. Jake Miller I threw her arm off of me and yelled, “I can’t believe you did that, now if Madison see’s that it will devastate her” All Becky did after I said that was stomp her foot and yelled, “That is strike three, Jake that is strike three” I didn’t even bother stopping her and asking what that meant because I need to catch that photographer. I ran into the food court and see the guy leaving the mall, so I start sprinting and I can feel the pain already spread throughout my body. I notice Edgar and Joey running next to me, “So why are we running out of the mall?” they both asked through each breath, “We need to catch that camera guy and get the picture he just took of me and Becky with this wedding ring” they just nodded and ran ahead of me. I had to stop because the pain was getting to much to handle in my legs. I went to pull out my phone to text Madie what happened so she can hear it from me and not from some internet blogger. I sit on the curb with my hands over my face, when I hear footsteps coming towards me. I look up and noticed its Joey and Edgar and Joey is holding a camera, “Did someone order a deleted picture of you and Becky” He said deleting the photo. I tried to stand and hug them both but as soon as I stood up, I passed out.