34. The End of an Era

I'd fallen asleep outside that night. Sam came and got me around two in the morning. Told me the plan. I was totally game. 

I was to enter with Meg. I'd practically begged to, knowing her part. And since Dean trusted me more—wow, Dean actually trusting me—I got to drive. 

"You ready to fuck shit up?" I asked Meg, my eyes black. She laughed, nodded. 

"Absolutely." 

I flicked on the radio. Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf. What a perfect song. 

My foot slammed on the gas, forcing the 67 Impala to skid tires. Now, I hated what Dean was making me do to this beautiful machine, but he promised me it was tough. 

Meg and I whooped and laughed as I skidded around the corner, throwing a fishtail along the way. Breaking through a stop sign, I almost hit someone. I did a final donut before looking at my target. 

"Sorry, baby," I smiled, hungry for action. I stomped on the peddle, projecting us forward. One hand on the steering wheel, one hand on a pistol. "Remember," I yelled over the engine, "You're out first! I'll die if I get shot!" 

"Got it!" 

"And explode into space!

The Impala crashed into the Sucrocorp sign, exploding it. Glass rained down as I turned the engine off. I smiled at Meg. Go time. She grabbed her bottle of Power Clean and her knife and got out of the car. I felt pretty badass, crashing into the sign. When they opened fire on her, I got out as well. 

I smiled, showing them my eyes. They shot at me and missed, hitting the window instead. I snarled at them, even though I crashed it through their sign, I hardly caused any body damage. 

I brought up my gun, firing round after round at them. My other pistol was tucked into my pants and a machete was hanging off my belt. Extra rounds were stuffed into my pockets. 

"Go help them," Meg yelled over my shooting. "I've got these douchebags!" 

I smiled and headed towards the building. I found Sam sneaking around the hallway, I'm assuming looking for Dean. "Hey," he started, looking at a locked door. "Help me with this." 

I extended an arm and blew it open. I ran inside first, seeing a familiar Korean kid. "Kevin?" He was tied to a chair, mouth taped shut. His eyes widened when he saw me. 

"Kevin," Sam started. "Hey, buddy. We got to hustle, okay?" He cut him free and Kevin removed the tape from his lips. Before it was completely off, he started talking.

"There's a Leviathan of her running around, and we can't leave yet," he speed talked. Somethings don't change. 

"We know, and yeah, we can. It's okay, we got to go," Sam said, pulling on Kevin's arm. 

Kevin yanked it back. "You don't understand. Dick's got creamer in his lab. He's gonna kill all the skinny people," he explained. 

"What? Dude, calm down," I said. 

"We have to blow up the lab. Please?" Sam looked around, conflicted on whether or not we should do this. Finally, he came up with an answer. I already had mine, more destruction was more fun. 

"Yeah, fine. Let's go." 

Kevin showed us through all of the hallways, leading us to the lab. Cas and Dean already beat us to it. Dick Roman already had the bone through his neck. 

He saw us enter with a smile. "You take me..." he choked, grabbing Dean's machete off his hip. Dean tried to take it back but Dick threw him to the ground. "I take one of you." 

He threw the machete at Sam, who wasn't looking. I dove in front of him, catching the machete through my stomach. I couldn't scream. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't talk. 

I backpedaled into the back wall, Sam still not noticing. Kevin looked at me in horror. Dean and Cas had tears in their eyes. Sam had all eyes on Dick Roman. I felt thick hot blood run up my throat and roll down my chin. 

Dean stood and charged at Roman just as the Leviathan started to have waves fly off of him. Castiel dove to stop Dean, but they were both too late to stop themselves. Dick Roman exploded, leaving no one behind. All traces of the three were gone. 

"Sam, we need to go!" Kevin yelled, looking at me with tears. 

"What the hell?" Sam breathed. Again I tried to call out. No luck. Sweat covered my brow now. 

"More chompers any second, Sam!"

"Not to worry," a British accent said. "I have a small army of demons outside. Cut off the head and the body will flounder, after all. Think if you'd had just one king since before the first sunrise. You'd be in a kerfuffle too."

"Which is exactly what you wanted," Sam breathed. 

"So did you. Without a master plan, the Levis are just another monster. Hard to stomp, sure, but you love a challenge. Your job is to keep them from organizing." 

"Where's Dean?" Sam growled. 

"That bone... has a bit of a kick. God weapons often do. They should put a warning on the box." 

My head leaned against the back wall and I slowly sank to the floor, my strength diminishing fast. 

"Where are they, Crowley!?" Sam yelled. 

"Can't help you, Sam," then he snapped his fingers. Two demons appeared by Kevin, holding his arms. "Sorry, Sam. Prophet's mine." He snapped his fingers again and they were gone. 

"You got what you wanted—Dick's dead, saved the world. So I want one little prophet. Sorry, moose. Wish I could help. You certainly got a lot on your plate right now." For the first time, someone acknowledged I was there. Crowley pointed at me, gasping for air on the floor. 

Sam ran over to me and sank to his knees. 

"It looks like you are well and truly... on your own." He snapped again and disappeared. 

I couldn't focus on Sam's face. I couldn't focus on anything. More blood ran down my chin. His hands cupped my face, forcing me to look at him. 

"You're gonna be okay," he cried, his voice going in and out. "Let's get you out of here." He lifted me bridal style, tears now streaming down his face. I cried in pain as he did so, the first time I felt it. He winced but kept going. Dean's machete was still in my stomach, tearing at my insides. 

For the first time, I was able to find words. "Sam... out... Take. It. Out." He shook his head. "Please." Again he refused. 

"It'll only bleed more."

My head lolled as he ran. I weakly leaned forward, digging the machete deeper into my stomach, and kissed his chin. 

Then black dots infiltrated my vision. I was rendered unconscious. 

**...So... I'm sorry?**