28. The Truth Comes Out

"Well, he didn't take that very well."

When we were trying to leave, Bobby had obviously noticed we'd locked his flask in the safe. He tried to lock us in, but Dean was able to cool him down in order to keep Emily calm.

Speaking of Emily, there was something off about her. Even though she'd been locked away her whole life, she'd know about something. She was past the years of childhood, so she was definitely having periods and we all know she wouldn't be Ms. Goody-too-shoes on that. I was technically locked away for ten years but I was able to still know shit! She had to be bluffing. Vamps can't be that heartless... right?

"Really?" I sassed, sliding Sam's shades back over my eyes. "How'd you think that was gonna go?" As we rounded the corner, Sam ran into a maid's cart. She looked down among impact, trying not to make eye-contact. Sam quickly apologized, followed by a snicker from his brother.

I tugged at my sleeves, eying the scars hidden beneath them. That's mainly what I wore now, either leather jackets or long sleeved flannel. Ever since that bastard clawed at my wrists.

Sam's eyes scanned over the subtle action. An expression of pity curled on his face, making me want to punch it off. If it was Dean, I might've, but I couldn't do that to Sam.

Maybe this demon half isn't as good as I thought... I wanna hurt Sam.

When we made it to the car, I slid into the backseat, rubbing my forearms. I needed to tell them. I needed to tell them I wanted that half gone. But something stopped me, something with black eyes and was one half of me. I wanted to keep my abilities. I wanted my black eyes and the ability to make people fear me. I was finally the one people wouldn't put down, the one people made fun of. The demon made me feel powerful, invincible. But I knew that wasn't true.

I stared out the window, feeling Sam and Dean's gaze in the mirror. I desperately wanted to tell them, to let them fix me. But I just... couldn't.

We drove in silence until we were back at the monastery or vampires. I cracked my knuckles, something I never did. I wanted to feel vampire blood run down my hands. Have their deaths rest on my back. And maybe, just maybe, be the person that killed the Alpha.

"Well, this time of day, most of them would be catching z's," Dean informed us. "They won't know what hit them." I smiled, agreeing with Dean's plan. "Hey," he tapped Sam. "You with me?"

"Yeah," Sam muttered, staring intensely at the building.

"But?"

"Are you sure you just want to charge in there, machetes blazing?" Abso-fucking-lutely! "Last time, it took a dozen hunters to take down the Alpha. And most of them didn't make it out."

"They didn't have a demon with them," I stated, producing my black eyes. Sam looked at me with pity once again. My fist itched to collide with his cheek. I dug my nails into my palms in order to stop the urge. The black receaded.

"Yea, well, you got a better idea?"

"Actually, yeah, I do," Sam answered, getting out of the car. Dean and I both followed him to the trunk of the car. He was still getting weapons.

I grabbed a machete and a pistol. The pistol would slow them down if they ambushed me. The machete, well, you already know what that was for.

"We go talk." My heart dropped into my stomach.

"What?" I asked, venom pouring on every word. My muscles tightened, forcing me to keep my arms to myself.

Dean didn't object but was obviously pissed. He simply continued grabbing weapons.

Sam grabbed my arm and pulled me out of earshot from Dean. I flashed my eyes at him again, a warning. He let go and raised his hands.

"What is up with you recently?" he asked, not angry, but not polite either.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I glared, forcing my eyes back to normal.

"Every time I say something, you tense up! You put on an emotionless mask!" he whisper-yelled. "I can understand the killing and-and-and the recklessness, trust me, I can, but that... What's that?"

I looked away, trying to put my thoughts in order. I was going to tell him. I knew I was. I was going to fight through my demonic half and say what I needed to get off my chest.

"I..." Deep breath. "Every time you look at me with pity—don't deny it. But every time you put pity on me, I want to punch you. It's all I can do to restrain myself." His face fell. Not to pity this time but to agony. That made it hard to continue. "When you suggest something other than force, it makes the urge harder to resist.

"There's just so much anger in me... And I don't know where it comes from." The human half of me took control, bringing tears to my eyes. I leaned into Sam's chest, letting a few drip down my face. "I'm scared... of myself... I want the demon gone..."

His arms wrapped around me while I cried. I felt safe, all the anger being washed away in a hug.

"How can you put up with me?" my voice broke. He tightened his embrace.

"Because I love you, Min. I know Dean on edge with the change, but he's had to deal with this before... we all have..." His voice dropped to a whisper. "A couple years ago... I learned that-that I had demon blood in me..." I wanted to say, 'I know, I read it in your dad's journal' but I didn't. I let him tell me again. "I started drinking demon blood, exorcizing demons with my mind and not having to hurt the host... I felt good, powerful even.

"But I had to stop..."

"And so do I," I whispered, closing my eyes. One of his arms moved, leaving a cold imprint. His calloused hand lifted my chin, forcing me to look at him. His eyes were soft, caring. He truly did understand.

He leaned down and kissed me. It wasn't short, but it wasn't long either. I relished the moment, knowing when it ended, we'd be walking into the home of bloodsuckers.

When it did end, he wiped salty tears from my face with a smile. "You're beautiful, do you know that?"

I snorted, suddenly finding the situation comical. "Come on, we've got an Alpha to negotiate with."

**I've been mostly showing Min's demonic side and I wanted to show that she is still human. Half human, at least.**