16. Infiltration

We had picked up more professional outfits at a local thrift store later that day. It included a spaghetti strap yellow blouse, black skinny jeans, and a black leather jacket. A pair of short boots with a four-inch heel completed the look. It wasn't that fancy, but it would get me through the interview.

"Remember, keep this in your ear," Sam reminded me, holding up a Bluetooth earphone and placing it in my open hand.

"I got it, Sam," I reassured him, placing the phone in my ear. "Don't worry, I'm gonna be fine."

"Last time your arms got ripped to shreds," he mumbled, looking down at my feet.

Dean had gone for a beer run and took the flask, taking Bobby with him. Sam and I were in the motel room where I was about to go get dressed in my new clothes. These would turn out to be FBI clothes after this. Or more undercover stuff, who knows.

"I don't want you to get hurt." His hands grabbed mine and he started tracing circles with his thumbs. I looked down at our hands, then into his eyes. I didn't want to do this, no, but it had to be done.

"I won't, promise," I whispered. My gut clenched as he leaned down.

His lips touched mine. My arms moved to hug his neck while his hugged my waist, pulling my hips closer to him. It didn't last but a second, but it felt like all eternity. Him and me. In a motel room. Together at last. Sam pulled away first, a smile where I lips were a millisecond before. He leaned back down and kissed me again. Everything was perfect.

I pulled away this time, my hands now on his chest to restrain him from kissing me again. "I need... I need to get changed," I breathed, a little light-headed from the events that had unfolded.

"Right," he smiled, pulling away and leaning on the wall. I smiled once I was in the bathroom with my bag of clothing. I leaned against the closed door and weakly crept to the floor. I hugged my knees once down there.

I couldn't believe I did that. I still can't believe I did that. I kissed Sam Winchester. Before I could dwell more on those thoughts, I got up and quickly changed. The tank top was nice and flowy, so I wouldn't get too hot.

When I walked out of the bathroom, I was met by Sam again. I bowed my head and speed-walked to the bed. I sat down and closed my eyes, a little burning sensation followed. I had a mental checklist in my head, trying to keep my thoughts off Sam, who was no doubt staring at me. I wanted to braid my hair to keep it off my face and I would need to apply a little bit of makeup. I would also need another fake ID.

Dean said he's getting that while he's out, I reminded myself.

"Min," I heard Sam say. "You look... nice."

"Thanks," I muttered, nausea overcoming me. I still had a couple of hours before the meeting, but I still didn't need to fall asleep.

"I mean it," he pushed. "You do look nice." I didn't respond. I just wanted Dean to hurry up and get here.

I can't fall for you, Sam, I thought. I'm still not over him.

My heart hurt just thinking about him. Blake. He was so sweet. He was a romantic. We would go out every Friday night, either to the movies or just to go eat. Sometimes we would just go and sit under the stars. It was the best years of my life. We'd gone to college together so we didn't have to be separated. Everybody thought he was going to pop the question when we were older. I secretly hoped for that to happen. Though, I wouldn't admit it to anybody.

Blake was the greatest thing that happened to me. The fire just... it ruined everything. My heart lept in my throat and my eyes started to tear up. Before I started to have a breakdown, I shook away the thoughts and plastered a fake smile on my face.