Epilogue

10 years later

"Alec! Hurry up or we're gonna be late!"

10 years had passed. Alec and Magnus are now 29, along with Jace and Clary. As for Simon and Isabelle, they were 28 years old.

Magnus and Alec had moved in together for 5 years now. Alec had moved to Magnus's apartment, and it was their home now. In addition, they had been married for two years. They had a great ceremony, bringing their families and friends together. They never forgot that day when they've been finally able to seal their love.

Simon and Isabelle were still together, as well as Clary and Jace. Both couples also moved in. Everyone lived with the person they loved.

Now Alec and Magnus were at home and preparing to go to Alec's parents. Now Alec and Magnus were at home and preparing to go to Alec's parents. Maryse Lightwood, Alec's mother, had organized a large family meal where she had invited them to celebrate the recent engagement of Clary and Jace. Alec's mother considered Jace his son, so it was normal for her to congratulate him as it should.

Magnus had been prepared for a long time. He had put on a light blue shirt and black jeans. He was waiting for Alec, sitting at the kitchen table, drinking a cup of coffee. Suddenly, Alec popped up and planted himself in front of Magnus.

"How do I look like?" asked Alec.

Magnus stood up and could not help but smile. Alec was disheveled and had put on a white shirt and black pants and was holding a pair of moccasins in his hands, ready to be put on. Magnus approached him, gave him a quick kiss and put his shirt collar back in place.

"You look like you just ran a marathon."

"Magnus, seriously ..." Alec said, nervously twisting his wedding ring on his index finger.

Magnus finished putting his collar back in place and ran a hand through Alec's hair to put it back in place. Then he took his hand, the one where the alliance was. At the sight of the ring, a torrent of memories rose in his mind: the ceremony, the exchange of vows, the smile of Alec that day ...

Alec lowered his eyes to Magnus's hand in his, looked at the ring too, and he must have had the same thoughts as Magnus because he smiled in return, and he relaxed instantly.

Magnus spoke again:

"Alec, don't you think you're stressing a bit too much? It's just a meal with your family, not a lunch with the Queen of England!"

"I know, but still ..."

Alec sat at the table to put on his shoes, and when he straightened, Magnus placed both hands on Alec's shoulders and kissed him tenderly.

"Alec, for me, you are the most beautiful man in the world," he said.

Alec smiled and kissed him back. Magnus finally breaks away from him, laughing.

"Let's go, otherwise we will really be late!"

~

"I'm really glad you're all here, really. Thank you for coming."

Maryse Lightwood had a big smile on her face and it warmed Alec's heart to see his mother happy. Her father was beside her and took her hand. He was smiling too.

Alec's mother had set a big table: Robert was at the end, Maryse on his right and Alec opposite Maryse. Next to Alec was Magnus, Isabelle, and Simon. And in front of them, next to Maryse, was Jace and Clary.

"We're very happy to be here too," said Alec. Thank you for organizing all this."

Next to him, Magnus took Alec's hand.