Chapter 2

Alec had sore ears and he had also a headache. What the hell was this music? He was wondering how could anyone listen to that.

Isabelle noticed very fast that her brother wasn't in the living room with the others. She looked for him, then not seeing him, she went to the kitchen where she found him sat on a chair, alone. She looked falsely horrified.

"Alec, what are you doing here?"

"Well, as you can see, I'm in the kitchen. "

"I see that you are in the kitchen, I'm not blind!! Why don't you come with us? There is great music, and everybody is having fun!"

Alec sighed.

"Listen Izzy. These people are YOUR friends. Not mine. And you sound as if you didn't know me. I don't like all this," He says while designing the crowded living room with a gesture of his hand.

"I know, I don't ask you to dance in the middle of the living room ... But maybe you can sit and chat with us? But at least don't remain alone, you're going to make me depressed! "

Alec chuckled. Isabelle being depressed? That clearly doesn't fit together;

Eventually, resigned, Alec followed Isabelle in the living room and sat on the closest sofa. Then he started to observe the people around him: everybody was dancing, a few couples were making out, a group of girls was laughing. During his observation, he was starting to realize with horror that a boy was smoking. Alec jumped immediately to his feet. Who did this boy think he was, smoking like this in his living room???

Alec was usually a shy person when it comes to talk to people, but when it comes to respect, he immediately forgot his shyness. He went straight to the boy and planted himself in front of him. But the boy didn't seem to notice him.

"Hum, excuse me ..." Alec says. "Could you please stop smoking? Isabelle doesn't like when people smoke in the living room."

The boy raised his head and Alec didn't understand directly what was happening to him. Okay, he had to admit it to himself: this boy was beautiful. His Asian features, his eyes and his hair with a small purple lock attracted Alec. He remained nailed on the spot, almost forgetting why he had come to talk to him at the beginning.

The boy looked at Alec in the eyes, then a smile stretched across his face, revealing his perfect white teeth. Without stopping to smile, the boy said:

"Oh excuse me, you're Isabelle's boyfriend, right?"

Alec didn't understand exactly why this would have anything to do with the fact that this boy was smoking in his living room, but this doesn't prevent him to answer with a horrified look.

"What? Not at all! I'm her big brother ... Well, my name is Alexander. Alec. As you want. I mean, you can call me as you want."

Alec would have slapped himself if he could have. He always felt so ridiculous. But the boy didn't apparently notice his trouble, and gently handed him his hand.

"I'm Magnus. Magnus Bane."

Alec shook his hand. At this moment, Isabelle arises near them.

"Oh Magnus, I see that you met Alec!"

"Yes," answered Magnus. But at the beginning, I thought that he was your boyfriend!

Isabelle laughed.

"No, but my REAL boyfriend is actually late. He said that he would be here at 9pm and it's already 9:30 pm! Sometimes he really exasperates me!"

At the same moment, Isabelle's phone started ringing.