Chapter 8

Alec arrived home around midnight. He opened the door and rushed inside, as discreetly as possible. It was dark, but as soon as he closed the door, the light of the entrance suddenly came on. He blinked. It was Isabelle.

"So, how was it?" She asked.

Alec sighed, half exasperated.

"Izzy, what are you doing up so late?"

Isabelle was watching him with a big smile. She was in a dressing gown and seemed to be waiting for a while.

"I just wanted to know how it went well!"

"And that couldn't wait until tomorrow? And how long have you been waiting for me?"

"Oh Alec, don't be a killjoy! Tell me everything!"

Alec took off his jacket and run a hand through his hair.

"There's nothing to tell. Now I'm going to bed, and you might as well do the same thing."

And he went off towards the stairs, but Isabelle hastened to follow him until he arrived in his room. She threw herself on his bed, not ready to leave at all.

"I don't want to wait for tomorrow, I want to know right now!"

Alec sat in his bed, next to her.

"Okay. So, I went to his place and we had a drink, we went to the restaurant, and then we came back at his place and we ...

Alec stopped himself. Should he tell everything to her? But Izzy already guessed what Alec was going to say. She shouted:

"You kissed each other!!!!"

"Shut up! You're going to wake Mum and Dad up!

"Sorry. So ... Is that what happened?"

"Yes."

"So, you two are together?"

Alec started to think. He hadn't thought about that. What did Magnus think ? Was Magnus and he a couple now ?

"I don't know. I think so."

Alec got up from the bed and kissed Izzy on the cheek.

"I'm so happy for you, Alec. Really. Well, I'll leave you now, I'm going to bd. Good night."

"Thank you, Izzy and good night."

"And have sweet dreams about Magnus!" She laughed.

Alec threw a pillow at her but she avoided it just in time, still laughing.

The Alec lay down in his bed and fell asleep immediately.

~

The next morning, Alec was awakened by his phone, ringing. He turned in his bed and without taking the time to see who it was, he answered grumbling:

"Yeah?"

"Woah, I wasn't expecting that kind of mood," laughed the person on the other end of the line.

Alec straightened up in bed, totally awake now. It was Magnus.

"Magnus, excuse me. I was sleeping and ..."

"Alexander. It's okay. How are you?"

"I'm good and you? You wanted to tell me something particular?"

"Yeah. I wanted to thank you again for yesterday."

Alec blushed, thinking about last night.

"You know, Alec, you are different from all the people I've met in my life. You're special. I don't know how to explain."

Oh my god. Alec didn't know how to react. He had never been told such things like these.

"Alec? You're still here?"

Alec was torn out of his thoughts.

"Yes Magnus, I'm still here. Thank you for everything you just said. And I wanted to tell you the same thing. I know that you're good for me, Magnus."

"You make me feel the same thing, Alec. So ... are we officially together?"

"Yes," Alec smiled.

It made him feel good to admit it out loud.

~

While Alec was studying, he received a masked call on his phone. He frowned, but picked up anyway.

"Yes?"

"Alec?"

Alec closed his eyes. He knew only too well that voice. Jason. Alec hadn't lied: Magnus was the first person he was dating, but there was something else. And it was Jason. Nothing had happened between them because Alec had not wanted him, but Jason had never given up. Alec had even been forced to change his phone number because Jason harassed him too much. Alec wondered how Jason got his new number.

"What do you want Jason? I told you many times to leave me alone!"

"When will you stop pushing me away?"

Alec sighed.

"What don't you understand in the fact that I don't want to be with you?" He replied.

Alec had to take on him not to say he had met someone. But he didn't want to involve Magnus in this story, neither take the risk that Jason would attack Magnus because of his jealousy. He knew how Jason could be possessive. He found him completely crazy.

But he was smarter than Alec thought.

"You have someone, haven't you?"

"It's none of your business. And don't ever call me again."

He hung up the phone. It started to ring again, but he didn't answer this time. It was the masked call again.

When was Jason going to leave him alone once and for all?