Chapter 13

Alec went home late that night. It must have been past midnight. He couldn't stop thinking about the wonderful moments with Magnus this weekend. But he couldn't really tell how he felt. He was split between the happiness of his relationship with Magnus and his guilt over Jason. It was a terrible feeling but he didn't know how to tell Magnus. He didn't want to put his relationship with Magnus in danger. Not wanting to think about it, he went to bed and fell asleep directly.

~

Alec opened his eyes with difficulty. Monday morning was always very hard, especially after having spent such a good weekend ... He ended up getting out of the sheets, took a shower and got dressed. Isabelle didn't start at the same time as he did today, so he drove alone to university. He arrived, and went to his first class. 

~

17 pm. Finally, the first day of the week ended. He took his bag and left the amphitheater. When he left the university, he stopped abruptly. He thought he was in a bad dream. Jason was there. He was waiting for him. Jason hadn't seen him yet, and Alec tried desperately to take another path to avoid him, but at that moment, Jason raised his head and approached him with. Alec was stuck, and after what happened in the park last time, seeing Jason was the last thing he wanted. But strangely, Jason didn't have a threatening look. And that didn't reassure Alec. With Jason, he could expect anything. 

When he reached his height, Alec didn't give him time to speak first. 

"What are you doing here?" 

 "Alec, I just want to talk." 

"The last time you wanted to talk, you kissed me against my will and you ended up on the floor. Did you forget what I told you? I told you to leave me alone. What you're doing is called a harassment." 

"You know I love you." 

Alec rolled his eyes. Love ? That's a big word. 

"Okay. Let's pretend for one second that you really love me: it's not reciprocal. You can't force a relationship if I don't want to. And if you really loved me as you pretend so well, you would respect my decision. 

Alec walked past Jason without looking at him, but he held him by the arm. 

"It's because of him, isn't it?" Jason asked. 

 "I don't know what you're talking about."

 "I'm sure you have a boyfriend, that's why you're pushing me away. I don't know who he is but believe me, you will end up broken with him." 

"First, single or not, I wouldn't want to be with you. And second, stop talking about my life as if you knew it."

 "Alec ..." 

But Alec suddenly released his arm, and he left without adding anything. He didn't want to tell him anything more. Anyway, there was nothing to add. However, he began to understand that the words didn't have any effect on Jason. No matter what Alec told him, Jason didn't give up. He kept chasing after him. Jason was the kind of person who needed to get his ideas back. But not necessarily in the sweet way. At this moment, Alec had an idea. 

 When he arrived home, Isabelle was already there. Perfect. She was exactly the person he needed.

"Izzy! I need you," Alec said. 

 "What is happening? You're acting weird!" 

Alec explained what had happened with Jason. 

"Again? Doesn't he understand anything or what?" 

"Nothing at all. 

"You really have to find a way to get rid of him," she said. 

 "That's exactly why I need you. I think I know how." 

And Alec explained his plan to Isabelle. As he spoke, Isabelle widened her eyes and smiled incredulously. 

"Let me summarize," she said. If I understand correctly, you want to organize a party where you would invite a lot of people including Magnus and Jason; and you want to show Jason that you are in a relationship with someone so that he understands that he doesn't have a single chance with you?" 

"That's it!" 

"Alec, don't you think that it's going to be a bit strange as a situation? I don't know, inviting your boyfriend and the person who wants you for years ... in the same place ... You're not afraid that it could degenerate?" 

"But why would it degenerate?" asked Alec.

Isabelle sighed. Really, his brother didn't understand anything. 

"Alec, there is something in this world called: JEALOUSY. If Magnus sees the guy who kissed you in a park, it's going to be a disaster!"

Alec ran his hand through his hair, a sign of embarrassment. 

"Well, about that ..." 

"Wait a second ... Alec, you told Magnus about Jason, didn't you?"

 Alec shook his head negatively. 

"Alec!" Isabelle looked offended. 

"I assure you, I wanted to tell him Saturday when I saw him but I just couldn't! I didn't want to spoil everything, and ... he gave me a duplicate key from his house!! I couldn't say that to him just like that!" 

Alec went to get his coat and took the keys out of his pocket. 

"And now you feel guilty," Isabelle concluded. 

"What did you want me to do?" 

"Alec, trust in a couple is vital. If you lie to Magnus, it's over. And if he really wants you, he will understand. He'll know it's not your fault. But you don't have to keep that deep inside of you, because it hurts you too." 

Alec nodded. 

"And so, for the party? Are you in?" 

"Alec, you're playing with fire ..." 

"Are you going to help me, yes or not? Isabelle half smiled. 

"Even if I'm half convinced by your plan ... I'm always up for a party!!"