Chapter 49

“Puck, would you like to go out with me sometime” Quinn rehearsed. 

“No that’s hopeless,” she cried. 

“Hey Puck, did you want to grab something to eat on Saturday night?” she tried again. 

“Oh that’s even worse,” she cursed herself. “What’s your problem Quinn, you really like this guy so why is it so hard to work up the nerve to tell him?” she asked. 

Since her last session the Dr Sierra, Quinn had been trying to work up the nerve to ask Puck out, but so far no cigar. In the back of her mind she knew that she was scared that he would reject her, as stupid as that was. 

Looking at the clock she realized she needed to leave. Quinn was meeting up with Rachel and Isabel to do some Christmas shopping whilst the boys did something manly like watching a football game on television. 

“What do you think? Do you think Finn will like it?” Rachel asked as she held up an expensive black sweater she was contemplating buying for Finn. 

“Its nice” Quinn shrugged. 

“Great” Rachel frowned. “What the hell am I supposed to buy someone that has everything?” she whined. 

Isabel laughed, “He doesn’t have everything,” she pointed out. “Why don’t you buy him a new watch, or chain?” 

Rachel's eyes lit up, “oh that’s a great idea” she told them. 

“What about you Quinn what are you going to buy Puck?” Isabel asked. 

Quinn looked up alarmed “Am I supposed to buy him something?” 

“Of course not if you don’t want to” Rachel assured her knowing that Puck was still a sensitive subject. 

“No I should, I want to” she quickly told them. 

“Well do you know what you could get?” Rachel asked. 

“Yeah I have the perfect idea and even better I can get it at the music shop” she smiled already thinking about the special edition Metallica CD collection she could get him. 

“Great. Well I already have all my gifts so who else do the two of you need to buy for?” Isabel asked. They had already been shopping for a few hours, which had been successful. 

“I’m done’ Quinn said. 

“Just Finn” Rachel smiled. 

“Well lets hit the jewelry stores then” Isabel told them and began leading them in that direction. 

“Why are we here?” Puck whined as the guys pulled up in Finn's car at the mall. 

“I told you I need help picking something out for, Isabel” Blaine replied. 

“Why haven’t you done this already?” he asked. 

“Have you bought Quinn's present?” Blaine asked pointedly. 

Puck went pale “I’m supposed to buy her something?” he asked. 

Both Finn and Blaine turned to him with incredulous looks on their face. “Of course” Finn told him. “Don’t you know what women are like if you forget to buy them something?” 

“Well she’s not my girlfriend” he shrugged. 

“Yeah but you want her to be” Blaine grinned as they got out of the car. 

“True” he agreed. “Ok then experts, what do I buy someone that isn’t my girlfriend but I want to be?” he asked. 

Finn and Blaine exchanged looks before turning and shrugging at Puck's question.