Chapter 35

Quinn was nervous as hell as she dressed for her date with Puck. “No its not a date” she reminded herself. But if that was the case than why did she have butterflies in her stomach? She hadn’t felt that way since her and Rachel had started their relationship. 

At least ten times today she had picked up the phone intent on calling Puck and canceling but every excuse she came up with sounded weak, even to her own ears. So here she was in a pair of tight jeans and a nice top waiting for him to come and pick her up. 

Deciding that she needed someone to talk someone Quinn had told Blaine all about the non-date when he called on Wednesday night. 

“So it’s not a date?” he asked. 

“No” Quinn said. 

“Then I’m a little confused about what the problem is?” he told her. Quinn was a complex person Blaine knew that but normally he didn’t have to deal with these types of issues with her and he was a little confused about what to say. 

“Well maybe he thinks it is and that he stands a chance and he doesn’t,” she told him. 

“Did you tell him it was a date?” Blaine asked. 

“No I specifically told him it wasn’t a date,” she said. 

“Then just go and have fun. Don’t stress about it,” he told her. 

“You make it sound so easy” she said to Blaine. 

“Well if you really only want to be his friend Quinn then it should be,” Blaine told her. 

Blaine's words still rung in his ears and she wondered if he was right. Was she really placing herself in a situation where she could feel something for Puck more than friends? 

The sound of someone knocking on her door brought her out of her thoughts and she quickly gathered her purse and greeted Puck at the door. They grabbed something to eat at a café near by the concert hall before attending the show. 

Quinn had been shocked that she was going to see one of her favorite all time bands Three Doors Down and the tickets that Puck had turned out to be some of the best. 

“Wow” she breathed out when they walked out of the auditorium three hours later. 

Puck chuckled “So you enjoyed it?” he asked hopefully. 

Although Quinn had made it clear that his wasn’t a date Puck couldn’t help but hope that it could lead to a date. There was something about the blonde that intrigued him. Normally he would never put so much effort into getting a chick to go out with him, he wasn’t sure what it was about Quinn that was different but she made him want to try. 

“Yes it was wonderful, thank you for inviting me” she smiled up at him. She had really had the best time tonight, she couldn’t remember the last time she had enjoyed herself so much. 

“You’re welcome” he smiled back. They were on their way back to where his car was but Puck didn’t want the night to end. 

“Did you want to grab a coffee?” he asked. 

“Sure” Quinn smiled even surprising herself. 

They went back to the café that they had dinner at and both ordered a coffee “that was really great” Quinn grinned. 

“Yeah they’re awesome live,” he agreed. 

“What’s your favorite song?” she asked then. 

“Here by me” he said. 

Quinn grinned “me too” she said. 

The waitress delivered their coffees then and they sipped on them in silence “So I’m really glad you came tonight” he told her.