Chapter 31

Things were quiet between Blaine and Isabel as they made their way back to Isabel and Rachel's apartment. 

“Isabel?” Blaine said. He was unable to stand the silence any longer. 

“Yeah” she replied. 

“I really think we need to talk about this” he said “I don’t want to leave with this tension between us” 

Isabel placed her purse down on the coffee table and sat down “Ok” she agreed. 

Blaine joined her on the couch “tell me what you’re thinking?” he asked. 

Isabel licked her lips in nervousness before she spoke “I’m thinking that this sucks” she said truthfully which caused Blaine to chuckle at her. “I have no idea what’s going to happen when you hop on that plane tomorrow and I’m scared that once you get back to Boston you wont want to see me again” she admitted. 

“Ok” he whispered “can I say something now?” he asked. 

Isabel nodded “I agree with you that this sucks. I don’t want to get on that plane either but more importantly I don’t want you to think I want to.” He told her. “What do you want to happen Isabel?” he asked her then. 

“I get a choice?” she laughs. 

“Oh course” Blaine replies. 

“I don’t want this to be the end,” she told him. 

“Me either” Blaine breathed out in relief. 

“Really?” Isabel asked. 

“God no Iz. You are the most amazing women I have ever met and I’d be lying if I told you that I wasn’t already falling for you” 

Isabel’s head snapped up at his declaration “truth is” he chucked nervously “I think I’m way past falling and have moved onto fallen” 

“Blaine” she whispered. 

Blaine put his hand up to stop her “you don’t have to say anything” he told her “I just want you to know that as far as I’m concerned this isn’t the end” he told her. 

Isabel felt a few stray tears fall down her face “Blaine?” she said again. 

“Yeah” 

This was new for Isabel. She wasn’t used to these types of emotions but she knew she had to come to terms with dealing with them fast because if she didn’t she might loose Blaine. Sure he promised it wasn’t the end but did he really think a long distance relationship would work. 

“Don’t go,” she whispered. 

“What?” he asked. 

“I know it’s completely selfish” she started “I know you have a life and a job you love in Boston but don’t go,” she cried. 

Blaine moved around the coffee table lighting quick and soon had Isabel pulled into his arms “you’ve got it” he whispered. 

Isabel pulled back confused “I love you Iz and if you want me to stay then that’s all the reason I need” he smiled. 

“Um what?” she said. 

Blaine grinned “I don’t want to go either so I’m not going to” he told her. 

He didn’t expect what she did next thought “No” she stood up “You cant do that” she told him. 

“What why?” he asked confused. 

“I wont let you do it,” she told him “if we start this relationship out with you making all the sacrifices it will never work” she said. 

“What are you saying?” he asked. A second ago she was begging him to stay and now she was telling him he couldn’t.