Chapter 44

Isabel bounded into the apartment with excitement. She couldn’t wait to tell Blaine the great news, that Rachel had given the go ahead for him to move in. 

Blaine was engrossed in a documentary when Isabel bounced in the room. 

“Hey” he smiled looking up from the TV for a few seconds. 

“Hey” Isabel replied, kissing him as she jumped on the lounge next to him. 

Drawing his eyes away from the television again Blaine finally saw the happy smile on his girlfriends face. 

“What’s going on?” he asked her. 

“Well I just had lunch with Rachel” she informed him. In reality she really should have gone back to work after lunch but she couldn’t wait to tell Blaine the exciting news. 

Lately work had become low on the priority list for Isabel, which probably came as a shock to her colleges. Luckily Isabel had the luxury of coming and going as she wanted and she figured that the seventy hour weeks that she put in for the past four years made up for the thirty she was doing now. 

“That’s nice” Blaine said. 

“So I talked to her about our living arrangement” she told him. 

“Really?” Blaine's eyes widened. He hadn’t expected that to happen so quickly. “What did she say?” 

“She said that she thinks you should move in with us, that she would love for you to” she grinned brightly. 

“Really?” he asked. “That’s great!” 

“So does that mean you will?” Isabel asked him. 

“Of course” he replied as he leaned in to kiss her. “As long as you truly want me too” 

“I do,” she declared passionately. “I can’t bare the thought of not sleeping with you every night” 

“I feel the same way sweetie” Blaine smiled. “I feel the same way.” 

The apartment was quiet when Rachel arrived home a little before five. She wondered briefly where Isabel and Blaine were but quickly forgot about them when she caught sight of the time. Her curiosity was peaked about tonight, wondering what Finn had planned. But mostly Rachel just hoped that tonight would be a new start between them. She hated the uneasiness she had felt with Finn today and was starting to regret ever opening her mouth and telling him that she loved him at all. 

After a shower Rachel searched through her wardrobe to find a dress suitable for the night and eventually pulled out a floor length, pink satin dress that she had worn to her firms annual ball the year before. 

Sliding it on with a pair of silver stilettos Rachel appraised herself in the mirror. 

“Perfect” she whispered at her reflection. 

Choosing to let her hair flow down her back, she curled the ends and added some modest makeup, and after adding some jewellery she was ready to go. 

Finn stood nervously at the door to Rachel's apartment and waited for her to open it. He had a lot riding on tonight and he wanted it to be perfect, Rachel certainly deserved that. 

“Hi” her quiet voice startled him and when Finn raised his eyes to meet hers his eyes bulged out of his head. 

“Um wow,” he said. “You look spectacular, beautiful” 

Rachel blushed “Thank you” 

Finn was wearing a tuxedo much to her surprise, he looked more handsome than ever and she wondered what a man like Finn was doing with her, how long did she really think she was going to be able to hold onto him, especially when he didn’t love her.