Chapter 36

Quinn tapped her pen on the bench in boredom. It has been so slow today with hardly anyone entering the small music shop she worked at. She was just about to go crazy when the front door opened the door jingled indicating that someone had entered. 

“P-Puck?” she said surprised as she watched him approach the counter with a smile. 

“Hey” he said, “is this a bad time?” he asked casting a casual look around the music shop. 

Quinn laughed “are you serious?” she said, “The place is dead”

“Well then I picked a good time then” he chuckled. 

“What are you doing here?” she wondered. 

“Well” he said running his hands through his longish hair nervously “I kind of wanted to ask you something” he said. 

“Ok-ay” Quinn said nervously. 

“GooutwithmeSaturdaynight?” he said. But he had said it so quickly that Quinn had no idea what he had said. 

“Is that a question?” she asked. 

“Um yeah.” He smiled and then took a deep breath before asking her again. “Quinn will you go out with me on a date on Saturday night?” he said. 

He watched her mouth opening and closing like a fish and he was positive she was going to say know “what are you scared of?” he whispered. 

Quinn's eyes widened “what?” 

“I already knew you were going to say no and I’m wondering what you’re so scared of?” he asked. 

Quinn looked around the store nervously, praying that someone would appear so that she didn’t have to have this conversation with him “Puck now isn’t the time” she said. 

“You’re kidding right?” he laughed “this place is dead, I’m probably the first person that’s walked in here all day” he said to her. 

“I can’t do this with you” she whispered, her face reflecting the pain that she was feeling right at that moment. 

“I just want a chance,” he pleaded. 

Quinn looked at his sincere face. Her heart was telling her that he didn’t want to her hurt but her head was telling her he was just like every other man in her life and that she couldn’t trust him. 

“I-I” she started tears springing to her eyes. 

Puck could see he pushed too far, that she was on the verge of tears and immediately took a step back to indicate that he was backing off “Just think about it” he whispered as he continued stepping backward towards the door. 

“Please?” he added. 

“Ok” she finally agreed. 

Quinn took a few breaths and tried to rein in her emotions, what was she doing? 

She picked up the phone and dialed the number by heart and sighed in relief when the phone was picked up. 

“Rachel” she said emotionally. “I really need to talk to you,” she cried. 

Blaine sighed as he looked around his apartment. He was almost finished packing, the only things left were the things he would need for the next week and he would finish packing them on Thursday before leaving to spend the night at a hotel.

He was rummaging through a box looking for some cutlery to eat his pasta witht when his phone started ringing and he smiled when he saw that it was Isabel.