Never Grow Up

Dear Fiona(baby sister),

                I can’t believe how much you’ve grown. It feels like it was yesterday when Charlee and I were freaking out because Mommy and Daddy weren’t in their room. Now your double digits. The big 1 0. You and I have been through a lot. We love each other but we definitely show it in different ways than I do with Charlee. We are like bro sisters. We punch each other to learn more about each other. ;) We love each other but fight to show our love.

                I always thought that you took my place. You looked(and still do) like me exactly. You always loved what I loved. I felt like nothing was sacred anymore. You were also the baby. You took my place of being the baby and moved me to the scary place of being a big sister. I still remember never wanting to do anything with you because you were a stinky baby.

                We grew up with our sister hatred. I hated you for always being exactly like me and you hated me for being mean and always hating you. Our relationship was a strange one but it still is. You know I love you more than anything. That’s why I’m always telling you to be careful. I don’t want you to grow up to fast. I’m scared you’ll make the same mistakes that I have. Take my advice.

                Never fall in love when you’re too young; it will not end well. Don’t ever defy your parents. Believe me, I do that and it’s only fun for a while. Try to be headstrong but don’t let that run you life. Take pictures in your mind of your childhood. Memorize what it sounds like when Daddy comes home. Be nice to those you meet. Always know that you have a home to run to when life gets hard.

                I just realized that soon, everything I’ve ever had will be gone. Try to never grow up Little Miss. I wish I’d never grown up. You need to live your childhood out and try not to grow up too fast. Promise me that Little Miss. Please try to never grow up.

~Lyric