Sisters

Dear Charlee (my older sister),

                It’s been a long sisterhood. We’ve been so close from the beginning. I can blame you for me being so soft spoken. You with your “Ic, needs (insert whatever I need here)” We were so young. You’ve been there since I was born. You were always a shoulder to cry on whenever I was upset. I was always there for you on our late night talks and our talks when we were supposed to be taking a nap.

                I should probably apologize for all the times I broke you. Sorry for telling you it was okay to fall off of your bed and land on mine. Like I knew at five that you would’ve broke your arm. You are the one who took my advice. Next time don’t take my advice. Sorry I landed on you when we were playing Frogger on the trampoline. I didn’t know I weighed enough to break your wrist. Sorry for the times when I hurt you or put you down.

                I remember when we went to Disney World and I videotaped the travel channel shows you would put on. You got sick on the third day and I didn’t want to do anything because you weren’t there beside me.

                Then came our teenage years… Enough said? We were living crazy. We spent our nights trying to hide from our parents and talk as long as we could. But me and my elephant feet always got caught. You’re my best friend. We’ll always be friends.

                Two words- High School. Our years in high school were interesting. Freshman year for me was great. You were there for me when I hated my class and when Emilee was being a bitch. You were there through all the mountains of homework AND finals. You definitely were there through finals.

                I was there for you when you confessed to Nate. Gee was that confusing… Let’s never go through that again. I love you and am going to miss you as you go off to college. LOVE YOU CHARLEE!!!!

~Lyric