CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Alexander

"Hi," she said softly and I got a good look at her. The girl had lost a lot of weight, she looked ready to faint and her whole body was covered in bruises, she looked to be wearing the same clothing I saw her in a few years ago when she said she was heading east.

"Are- are you okay?" I stepped towards her tentatively, as though she were a wounded animal. She offered me a smile.

"I am, now that I see your alive." She kept looking at me as though she were about to cry. It was a look I couldn't place and it broke my heart.

"Why don't you come in?" She gave a happy nod and followed me. I made her some tea and watched her, she scratched her arm a lot, the spot was red, almost close to bleeding and she wouldn't stop blinking and moving her head as though listening to something. It was heartbreaking, if she was before a human they would say she was a patient from the psychiatric ward, the hell, even I think that.

"I take it you reached your destination?" I asked gently and looked at her bruised arms. She smiled and rubbed her arm before drinking her tea.

"Yes," she said after. "I had to climb a mountain." She nodded looking down. "It was hard." She grinned and blinked furiously before looking to the side. "Uh... But all's well, I think." Her face suddenly grew seriously and scared.

"Is everything okay?" She began to nod but that changed rather slowly to a head shake, her wild hair was all over and she bowed her head so it would hide her face.

"You were there, weren't you?" She asked suddenly. "Always watching..." Her voice was low and creepy. "Never interfering... Sometimes," she looked up sharply. "Why is that?"

"I'm not sure I follow." She looked away.

"I saw you everywhere, massacres, sacrifices, weddings," she chuckled a bit. "You were always in the shadows... Never moving and ever watching. Why?"

I really didn't understand what she was saying and I wished she would just say what she wanted to say instead of riddling it. I sighed as I suddenly recalled her father.

"Danielle-"

"Are you like me?" She asked then. "An oracle?" She looked desperate and it dawned on me what she may have been taking about. I sat down then.

"No...I'm not an oracle, honey." I smiled a bit. "I just know when not to meddle." She blinked furiously.

"W-what does that mean?" I reached for her hand and smiled.

"Have a look." She shook her head furiously.

"No..no more."

"It won't hurt...I promise." I said seriously and sadly as I could understand why she felt this way. Hesitantly she reached out, she touches the tip of my finger and gasped, her eyes clouded before they became solid silver.

My own eyes coloured yellow, I inhaled as I saw the memory she was seeing.

I was only just getting comfortable in my new bed, the bed the master had given me to sleep in, in the clothes he gave me and tomorrow I would start working. I would start earning my keep and be able to buy myself things without stealing. I was finally on the path of good.