CHAPTER NINE

Alexander

I was making my way around the house which was empty when I woke. I already had my breakfast and read the note Tristan and Victor left me, explaining where they both were. Tristan had a meeting with his publisher and Victor was at the hospital for his day shift.

I found myself in Tristan's special room. I stood at the threshold and just peaked inside. It was filled with shelves of his favourite books along with a computer he said was only ever used for writing. This room was where he often was when he was in the middle of writing one of his novels. It was big too and had an assortment of things he said helped him when he had writers blocked, like wool for knitting and paint.

I moved along then and sighed. I rubbed my shoulder which hurt and decided to just go to the living room and watch some TV.

I really was doing the most dumbest thing ever. It was the perfect time to get away but I honestly couldn't bring myself too and with the condition I was in, I doubted I would get far enough.

I sighed zoning out of whatever show I was watching. Lost in my own mind, in my own confliction.

Leaving was the right thing to do but I was aware they would find me. I could always run to another country all together but that effort, it felt like it would be a waste. I slumped in the chair, bracing my pain.

I'll stay. I closed my eyes and sighed, I'll stay and I'll try my best. I opened my eyes feeling them sting as I nodded. There was no running from destiny, from fate and this was my fate. I couldn't run from it, especially when I am dead set on ensuring the world follows it's own path.

I sighed and stood, heading for the kitchen, I got out some ice cream, sat on down and ate while brainstorming ways to kill time.

I soon found myself outside, in the fresh air, by the flower bed for the longest time. I was smiling down at the different flowers, caressing them and feeling the energy that flowed through them. It brought me peace and joy and it dulled my aching arm.

Out of nowhere a lizard wandered over to me, it was skeptical but then I grabbed it. I was gentle as I brought it up, I could feel it breathing and as it watched me, I opened my hand to allow it to escape. It didn't move and instead stood in my palm.

"Alexander?" I turned my head towards the voice to see Victor. He was home, his face was puzzled, probably wandering what I was doing outside in this heat. Luckily, I was under the shade of a large tree. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." I gave him a small smile and he walked over only to freeze, his eyes widened and the look of trepidation on him was priceless. "What's wrong?" I chuckled as the lizard inches up my sleeved arm. I stood watching it stop at my elbow and look around.

"Why do you have that thing on your arm?" I looked at Victor to see him stepping back slowly and I tilted my head with a smirk.

"Don't tell me your afraid of it." I laughed covering my mouth. He shook his head and continued to step back as I walked over to him slowly.

"Me? Afraid?" He scoffed. "It's just...unhygienic." He nodded determined then which made me laugh and get closer but he let out a rather high pitched squeak and ran for the house. It brought laughter to me seeing as a man as massive as Victor was absolutely terrified of a creature smaller than his own finger.