1st Year And Sorting

Me and Hermione are going to hogwarts tomorrow. We both are too excited for our 1st year to start.

Time skip

Today is the day. We both got ready and headed towards the London station. We had to go to platform 9 3/4. That was really confusing because we didn't know how to go there. But there was another wizard family which kinda helped us.

When we reached platform 9 3/4. We were surprised to see the hogwarts express. Hermione and I soon boarded the train. We both sat in an empty compartment. She was reading a book on hogwarts. When we were half way through our journey Hermione told me to change into my hogwarts robes. I changed into my robes.

Soon there was a knock on our compartment. Hermione opened the compartment door. There was boy standing there looking worried.

" I am Neville Longbottom. I have lost my toad. Have you guys seen it?"

"No, but I can help you find it." Hermione said and before leaving she told me to find her when we reach hogwarts.

"Ok" I said and she left with the boy.

Oh boy it felt quite lonely now. I was alone in an compartment. I looked out the window and it kinda kept me busy.

Soon we reached the station. I got out of the train and started looking for Hermione. I found her soon enough.
We both were standing together.

Out of no where a giant man came and said.

" First years over here."

We all went towards him. He said his name is Hagrid and he is the game keeper at hogwarts. And then he took us towards some boats. Hermione and I got in one boat with some other students.

The boats started to move. I was too surprised and shocked. We soon reached hogwarts.

We were led up some stairs and were stopped by an old witch. She explained everything to us about houses and told us that her name was Minerva McGonagall and she was the gryffindor house's teacher.

Then she said we were all soon gonna be sorted into our houses. And she just left us there. Hermione and I were scared so we both stood at the end of the crowd. There was some babbling going on in the front.

Soon Professor McGonagall came and took us inside the great hall. The roof of the Great hall was so beautiful it looked like the sky outside. There were four tables all in their own house colors.

Professor Dumbledore the head master of the school gave an welcome speech and told us which teacher is which house,s head.

Then soon after Professor Dumbledore's speech, Professor McGonagall came with an old hat in her hand and she said that she'll call out each students name and they are gonna sit on the stool and the sorting hat will decide their house. I was a little scared.

Names were being called and everyone was being sorted. Hermione's name was called and she was sorted into gryffindor. I really wanted to be sorted in gryffindor too.

One thing I got to know was that only pure bloods get sorted into slytherin so that made me a little relaxed that I won't be in slytherin.

" Y/l/n, y/n"

My name just came. I went up towards the stool. My heart was beating faster than I thought I was scared. Professor McGonagall put the hat over my head. What happened next was the most shocking thing. The hat talked to me in my mind.

" You are cunning, smart and sharp but you are also loyal and kind. I think SLYTHERIN!" the hat shouted.

What the hell did just happen!? I looked at Hermione with a worried face. She was also looked worried. I walked towards the slytherin table.

I sat next to a blonde boy. He was cute though. He turned to me and asked

" Hi my name is Draco, Draco Malfoy. What is your blood status?"

"Hello my name y/n y/l/n. I am a muggle born." you said a little scared as you knew what the answer was gonna be.

"Wait you are a mudblood?"

" Yes.."

And the word spread around the slytherin table faster than I expected. Nearly everyone at the slytherin table was glaring at me.

I felt quite uncomfortable with all those eyes on me.

" Mudbloods do not deserve to be in slytherin" a girl named Pansy spat at me.

"Yea you are right" said Draco glaring daggers at me.

I could feel tears sum up in my eyes. Hermione saw as one tear left my eye. She seemed more worried after that.

We were all heading towards our common room. Nearly every slytherin supposedly hit me with their shoulder. It felt bad. I felt like I was alone as my own house did not like me. After reaching our common room we were told our password. We went inside.

Everyone started talking on how the sorting hat might be broken and put me a " mudblood" in slytherin. I just couldn't take it. I soon toughened up though and did not mind if they called me Mudblood. As for Hermione she was enjoying her first year with her new friends Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. She forgot about me not being liked by my own house and started minding her own business.

Her friends did not like me because I was a slytherin and according to them "every slytherin is bad". My first year went bad but I hope the next goes great.

I know it's not that good right now but I promise that the real stuff starts from second year that will be in the next chapter. I just didn't want to drag the first year that much because I couldn't add up anything. From the next chapter they'll be in second year. Once again your gonna like it from the second year. Bye!