Screamed 'I Hate You's and Whispered 'I Love You's-Chapter Twenty Two

POV OF MAEVE

It was deathly silent once Griffon left the room. I began to panic, clinging to the bed. Jumping to my feet, I was ready to go find Griff- when the bedroom door that Griffon had closed behind him swung open. But it wasn't my mate that stood there.

"Ello," The man grinned at me, long blonde hair reaching his shoulders. He walked over to me quickly and sat down on the bed in front of me. I kept quiet, shaking and trying to keep as much distance as I could. But I couldn't move. I was afraid he'd grab me if I did so. And with his super large, muscular body I knew he could catch me.

"It's Maeve, isn't it?" He breathed out, examining me. "Funny how much you look like your mother."

I furrowed my eyebrows together. How did he know my mum? But then I realize he wasn't speaking about my mum. He was speaking about my birth mother.

"You have to go!" I made a quick demand, my heart speeding up as I stared at the huge man in front of me. Dark blue eyes narrowed on me and he let out another grin.

"Ah, if Brig was here she'd be envious of that acccent of yours," The man chuckled, extending his hand out, "The names Finn. Before your mate gets back in here, I just wanted to tell yous, Maeve- that if Brig was still alive, I'd be your pa,"

My jaw dropped, he must be my birth mothers mate. Before I could say another word, Griffon came running into the room, his shirt covered in blood that I hoped wasn't his own. When he saw the man, he let out this almighty, terrifying roar that had chills running up my spine.

"See ya later, Maeve-y girl," The man chuckled, throwing himself out the window. The second he did, I heard Griffon shouting orders for him to be chased by the pack through his mind-link, before he turned back to me.

"Did he touch you? Shit, are you alright? At least ten strong rogues broke into territory, created no harm though. What did he say?" Griffon grabbed me, inspecting my body throughly.

"He didn't touch me, " I whisper, wrapping my arms around his neck. He fell onto the bed, pulling me on top of him. "He... knew my mum, my real one. Said he'd be my daddy if she was still alive." My voice cracked and I pressed my face into his chest.

"Are Brad and Ocean okay?" I questioned, remembering his sisters horrifying scream. If the rogues didn't hurt anyone, why was Brad screaming? And did these rogues have anything to do with Brad's father?

"Brad shifted and attacked when they came near Ocean. He killed one of them, actually. Ocean just freaked out- not that I blame her." admitted Griffon, who sounded stressed. "I was so worried. I smelt his scent going into the room- I thought he took you."

"He didn't touch me," I repeated, shutting my eyes and trying to soothe my breathing.

"Are Lance and your friend Sydney human?" Griff questioned as he ran his hand up and down my back.

"Yes," I mumbled, enjoying the feel of his touch. "They don't know anything about were's,"

Griff groaned, "I got to tell the pack then," He mumbled, "We'll have a pack BBQ tonight. Why don't you wear one of those tight little pencil skirts?" He winked at me as I looked up at him; laughing.

"No," I chuckled, "I think I'll wear sweatpants," I mumbled, feeling particually lazy today. As Griff sent on the plans to the pack members, I heard a few of them get really excited via mind link.

"Everyone likes BBQ's," Griff tells me, rolling his eyes. "We have one at least once a month, and they still get so excited." Griffon stills from underneath me.

"Can I tell you something I recently found out?" He asks innocently, looking down at me with big green eyes. I nod, picking my head up so I could watch him as he spoke. Nervously, he bit down on his bottom lip.