Screamed 'I Hate You's and Whispered 'I Love You's-Chapter Eighteen

POV OF MAEVE

Every Princess has their prince charming that bursts through the door when their in danger and saves them. But my prince charming wasn't here and I honestly didn't know how to react. They wouldn't kill my mate, would they? Would he even know to expect it?

The only thing I had to do right now was go home to him and tell him. Brad's grip on my arm tightened right when his father said it, and seconds later Brad made up a quick excuse and apologized to the group of rogue's; stating that we had to leave right now.

"Sorry, I'm really not feeling good." He lied, his shaking hand placed on my back. I wanted to comfort him, I felt bad- I considered him a friend and he was obviously terrified.

"You don't have to lie. We know you love birds just want to get home to your bedroom." One of the female joked, and the group burst out laughing. I faked a smile and gave them a false 'you caught me' expression. When we got to the car, Brad stepped on the gas, panicking.

"You weren't supposed to find out about Griffon's murder." Brad began, making me question his place in this plan. "It's not going to happen. I had a plan to stop it. But now since you know I need you to tell him. Your close with him. He'll listen to you."

"Mhm." I quickly hummed in agreement, to be honest I was scared. I didn't know what to do or how to react, truthfully I was wishing Griffon was listening into my thoughts at the moment. The car began to speed up, and I held onto the edge of the seat I was sitting on with fright.

Brad started to breath deeply, like he was trying to control his inner beast.

"I-need-her.." He breathed out, with a raspy voice and clenched teeth. I watched his jaw tense and un-tense, his foot lowering even more on the gas pedal. Panic swarmed through me, Brad was losing control of himself and I wasn't very safe.

I caught sight of the grey mobile cell phone resting on the dashboard of the car, so I quickly snatched it up, flipping it open to scroll down the contacts. When I found Ocean's name, I began to call her, pressing the phone to my ear.

"Hello? Brad?" She said into the phone, her voice buzzed and static. Knowing I didn't have much time because the phone was obviously losing service, I yelled into the phone.

"Ocean! Help him, please help him!" The phone finally buzzed out, with a final beep the line ended. I dropped the phone, looking over at Brad.

"I'm sorry," He whispered, his face not showing any emotion what so ever. "My dad gets me so worked up." I wasn't sure if he was calm now or not, but I could tell from the glazed over look in his eyes that he was using the mind link to speak with Ocean.

Resting my head back on the seat, I waited patiently and anxiously to get home. The sun began to set and the pack house came into view. Brad finally slowed down, turning sharply into the driveway. The rest of the ride had been silent and awkward, neither of us knowing what to say.

When I stepped out of the car, Ocean bolted out of the back door of the house, leaping into her mate's arm. I watched my mate chase after one of his friends who happened to be carrying an American football. Wind blew by, and Griffon stopped short, his head snapping in my direction. A huge grin blossomed on his face, and a few seconds later, he was blocked from my view.

I jumped back, startled from Caroline's sudden appearance. "Why do I feel like I haven't seen you in a million years?" She smiled, the wind tossing her hair around.

"Because you haven't?" I returned her smile, adding in a fake chuckle. She spun, looking over at her mate David.

"God, he can't keep his eyes off me." She laughed, looking back at me. "He got really mad at me today for teasing him, it's the funniest thing."