Screamed 'I Hate You's and Whispered 'I Love You's-Chapter Eight.

POV OF MAEVE

Griffon. Mate. Alpha. Scent. Soulmate.

Griffon, my child hood best friend, my cousin, the soon-to-be Alpha, was my mate. He was my mate. He was my mate. My body trembled at the thought, my body heating up as I replayed five minutes ago, when Griffon's large soft hands ran up and down my body. He was sexy as hell, and I couldn't stop thinking about those lips. They were so perfect, god how could someone create something so beautiful, I wish I could thank god personally. He had created the most amazing, beautiful, sexy creature in the world, and he just so happened to be my soulmate. I knew things don't come easy, a girl like me doesn't get handed a sexy guy like Griffon on a platter. There were going to be a lot of trouble and drama, I could feel it coming.

My heart pulse was faster then I've ever recalled it, I'm sure wolves upstairs could hear it. I felt like the walls were caving in and going to collapse on me. Breathing had now become a voluntary thing, my hand falling down on the counter, pushing my body up as it threatened to collapse. I felt like Jell-o; my body numb and my mind whirling like a tornado.

My spinning mind was the last of my problems though, as Daddy entered the room, giving me a strange look as he rubbed his brown eyes. He was probably confused as hell what I was doing down in the kitchen this early at night. It was only three in the morning, and almost everyone in the house was asleep- except for Griffon and me- and now Daddy was awake too.

I tried pulling my self together, getting control over my breathing, letting my self put all my weight on my two feet once again and I was gracious when I was able to stay standing up straight.

"Baby girl, what are you doing?" He questioned me, those judging brown eyes looking at me strangely. I probably looked insane. I didn't brush my hair when I had woke up, so I knew that was just a complete mess on the top of my head. I probably looked insane, my clothes a mess, my shorts a bit pulled down too far, my shirt rid up from where Griffon had pushed it up as he teased me. Now, I was staring at the open back door breathing heavily.

"Nothing, I thought I heard something when I was cooking," I lied through my teeth, my eyes traveling to my food on the stove top, to see that it was on the verge of burning. I was convinced I had fooled dad with my quick, simple lie. I knew I'd feel guilty soon, I hated lying, and not going to lie, it came so damn easy that sometimes I didn't realize I was lying. Quickly, I grabbed the spatula, scraping my food off the pan and tossing it up my plate.

 I looked up at daddy as I fixed my clothes, who was staring at my bacon licking his lips. His eyes showed hunger, and I laughed out loud, clenching the plate that had my bacon on it possessively.

"Can I have one?" Daddy asked, his eyes not leaving my bacon. Men were so very typical, all they ever wanted was $ex, food and girls.

I stepped back, tossing a piece of bacon in my mouth and sitting down at the table. I shook my head at my father's behavior, "Daddy," I laughed as I ate, "I don't share,"

Daddy groaned, running his hands through his hair, sitting down across from me, "I knew we forgot to teach you something when you were little." He pouted, chuckling easily as my mum entered the room. His eyes traveled to her, softening to a love filled gaze.

"Geez, it's three in the morning, what are you doing?" She groaned, giving Daddy a narrowed look as she grabbed his large muscled arm, her petite hand not even going half way around it. They both seemed to forget that I was in the room, as Dad stood up, looking down at mum, his hand placing on the side of her cheek.