~Jungle Pool! SMI!!! Save my Innocence! Part. 2~

~To be a Princess~

Chapter 14

~Jungle Pool! SMI! Save my innocence Part. 2~

Yuki's POV

I awoke with a burning feeling in my lungs. The bright light glared into my eyes, making it difficult to see anything at all. What happened to me? Where am I?

"Yuki-chan! Yuki-chan! Wake up! WAKE UP!" a familiar childish voice called out as I felt my shoulders being shaken. My body feels so weird. Detached almost.

"I'm up! I'm up!" I mumbled as I sat up slowly, the burning feeling in my chest fading away slightly. I opened my eyes a bit and saw Mitsukuni sitting there with a bright smile on his face.

"Yay! Yuki-chan's up!" he cheered with joy as he wiggled around in excitement, his hands in little fists at the sides of his round face.

"What happened?" I asked as I waited for the burning feeling to subside.

"Well, I was holding my breath and when I opened my eyes I saw that you looked like you were running out of breath and so I saved you and we got washed here! Look Yuki-chan! We reached the goal!" he exclaimed as he pointed at a flamboyant sign with 'GOAL!' printed on it that was strung across the strip of water. Are you serious?

"Okay... So... What should we do now?" I asked as I slowly rose to my feet along with Mitsukuni. My legs still felt a bit like jelly but I was able to keep my balance.

"Let's go find everyone else! They must be worried!!!" Mitsukuni suggested. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the dense jungle that could be filled with anything.

"Yeah..." I muttered as we entered a denser part of the jungle. It was littered with sticks that had fallen from the treetops and the branches covered us well. Some of the larger trees had vines winding up their trunks and sounds of rustling leaves could be heard. I wonder if there are any dangerous animals living here... Hmmmm... Probably not.

"So.... Yuki-chan...." Mitsukuni started as he fiddled around like a curious child and looked at me cheekily. I wonder what he's going to say...

"Hmm?"

"Well... I was wondering....... Cos I've seen the host club and.... There might be....... Ummm...." he mumbled as he thought hard of how to express his thoughts. Eh? What about the host club? Is something wrong?

"What is it Mitsukuni?" I asked, now curious of what he had to say.

"I think that Tama-chan and Kao-chan like you!" he exclaimed with a serious face as he looked at me straight in the eye. I froze on the spot as if I had just been struck by lightning. He can't be serious. Who would like me in that way anyway?

"As friends, right?"

"No Yuki-chan! They like like you!" Mitsukuni shouted as he stated at me determinedly. Is he serious???

"As in they like like me???" I asked in shock and bent down slightly to see if I had heard him right.

"Yup!"

My face changed into one of shock and embarrassment. There's no way! A host falling for a tomboy when they could have any girl they wanted! Who could believe that?

"M-Mitsukuni! There's no way that's possible! They don't like me in that way!" I denied as I laughed nervously. There's just no way.

"Of course they do! It's written all over their faces!!!" he stated as he stomped his foot trying to prove that he wasn't joking.

But... That's just not possible! No ones ever cared for me more than a friend besides my family.

Well... Most of it anyway...