Part Two > Chapter 7 > A Girls gotta have friends

Pulling up into a parking spot I look to the side waving at Danielle. Getting out and locking my door I wait her for her to do the same. 

"Hey Girly. Thanks for meeting me!" 

"No problem I need to pick up a few things anyway." 

Finally getting a good look at her, I can't help but laugh. "Man I know I'm not tripping! Why are you wearing Trey's clothes?" 

"Because mines were dirty and this is all I could find!" Danielle walks off heading for the entrance of the mall.  

"No! You do not just walk off like that as if you are not wearing dude clothes!" I have to stop walking I am laughing so hard. What the fuck? 

"Ok and? You acting like you ain't never see me dressed like this before. Are we going to shop or what?" She turns back looking at me waiting for me to follow.  

"Ok what ever you say. But for real thanks for coming sometimes it's nice to have a another female point of view when you shopping you know? And my friend just had her baby and I don't want to bother her with endless picture texts of what the fuck I'm trying to buy." 

"Do you really send your friends pictures of you trying on clothes?" 

"Yea. Some things you can't just buy on impulse." I look at her as if she has lost her mind, "Some things you just don't do!" 

"Man you sound like such a white girl right now!" 

I push her in the shoulder, "Shut up at least I'm not wearing my best friend's clothes. And that is not a "white girl" thing, " I do the whole air quote thing mimicking her, "that's a "girl thing" you're just not the average girl I guess." 

"Are you going to be on this shit all day or what?"  

She looks a little up set about something but we aren't like the best of friends so I just let it drop with out asking her anything about it.  

"Come on let's go to to shoe department first I need some rain boots." 

"For what?" 

"I'm going on Bourbon Street and I am not making the mistake of wearing my good shoes out there! Plus I want to be comfortable."

>>>>>>>>

After hitting up a few stores and grabbing a couple of things Danni and I decided to grab a slice of pizza then head back to the shops.  

"So are you coming down to the city with Trey this weekend or what?" I ask once we finally take our seats with our food. 

"No me and TreSaun need some space right now." 

"OOhhh it's TreSaun today huh? What he did now to piss you off?" She only ever calls him by his name when she is mad. Shit he only lets her call him by his name. He doesn't even answer to me if I call him TreSaun. I think only his mom calls him TreSaun on a consistent basis.  

"Nothing we just need space or should I say I need space." 

"From what? Playing Call of Duty?" I mean what could have been that bad to not want to be around your best friend? "How bad could it be? I would give anything for my bestie to be here all the time." 

Danielle looks at me for a second as if she is debating on sharing with me but then she just takes a bite out of her pizza chewing slowly before finally saying anything. "I don't want to talk about it." 

"Ok got it!" Don't need to tell me twice to mind my own damn business. "So What are you going to be doing over the break?" 

Now I see a small smile play on her face and an added spark in her eyes. Oh huh someone's got a man or at least a soon to be man.