Part Two > Chapter 8 > Revelations and Realizations

"So you're not answering your fucking phone?"

I walk into Danielle's shared apartment. Watching her closely as she looks up cutting her eyes at me.

"Why are you walking into my home?"

"Because you're not answering your damn phone. What the fuck is going on with you Danni?"

"So I'm Danni today? Okay cool do you want to b-ball down at the court or hit up NBA 2K?" She walks out of her hallway closet pulling out her shoes.

"What the hell does that mean...where are you going?" I take a moment to look at her fully. I mean truly look at her, she is wearing high-waisted stone washed jeans with splits going down the leg...man when was the last time I seen her in tight fitted clothes I mean her fitted shirt with the word FLAWLESS written across the breast with fucking side boob showing is tucked in and she's pulling on her socks over pink toe nails...when the fuck she started painting her damn toe nails? "What's up with the wardrobe change? Did Claire talk you into this?" Because if so I am going to have to talk to her. She doesn't need to be changing Danielle.

She stands up after pulling on her red and black Jordan's to mean mug me, "Why the hell would I need Claire to talk me into anything TreSaun? You do realize that I have a pussy other than when you want to fuck it?"

I'm shocked out of my dwelling on how her jeans, jeans that I might add are fitting that ass some nice as she pulls on hoop ear rings by her words. "OF COURSE I KNOW YOU HAVE A FUCKING PUSSY DANIELLE!"

"And now I'm Danielle? What happened to your home girl Danni TreSaun?"

"Stop calling me TreSaun you're only trying to piss me off Jazzi!" I can't help but laugh when she cuts her eyes at me throwing a pillow my way. "Not fun when it's your name being called huh?"

"Again I ask you 'what do you want Trey'?" She walks pass me heading towards her living room I pace behind her and continue to follow her as she makes her way to the kitchen.

"Why aren't you answering your phone? I'm sorry about the other night and I've been thinking and I'm cool if you don't want that to be a part of our relationship anymore I get it....and I'm ok with that."

Danielle stops at her refrigerator pulling out a Bud Light and popping it open all the while staring at me. Even though I don't understand the change I like it...I mean its still decidedly Danni; it's not niggerish but not overly girlish either. I like the little bit of swag she has thrown in there.

"I like the change babe." She continues to just stare at me while drinking. "What's really good with you and throw me one while you trying to kill me with your eyes?"

"No buy your own."

I walk over to lean in front of her grabbing her free hand and pulling her to me. "What's good Danni? Talk to me."

"So are you really ok with our friendship going back to just that...a friendship? With absolutely nothing on the side?"

She searches my face looking for what exactly I have no idea.

"Yes, if that's what it takes for us to be okay then yea I'm good with that. Are you?"

Danielle steps back from me putting a few feet between us.

"Okay..." I watch as she walks out of the kitchen leaving me alone still confused.

"That's it..just okay?"

I don't know how I am supposed to handle this. I don't know what the hell she wants from me. I mean doesn't she want us to be just friends or does she want more than friends. We both know this shit is confusing but we've never talked about more. Do I want more? Does she actually want more?