Task #4 - Responses (Females)

.: Tiamera Ellen - District One :.

The fluorescent lights in the white sterile-operating room hit my eyes. As my eyes adjusted to the brightness I started to remember that I… died. I know I'm in the capitol but where? As I sat down, it was as if every single inch of my body moved stiffly to the floor creaking and groaning. A male and female walked into the room.

 "President Snow would like to have a couple words with you." They said at the same time.

 As I slowly stood up I saw President Snow walk across the room past the grey metal table holding all the doctors instruments. 

I shook his hand. "Hello President Snow"

 He got straight into the point; "You’re going back into the games." 

"But--"

 He interrupted me "You’re going back in. And that’s final. Get dressed they will transport you out into the arena. " 

Before I could say anything more the women grabbed a blue stick with a leather holding at the bottom. It sent a jolt of electricity through my entire body. I fell to the cold floor and hit my head; I was out like a light. 

I woke up on the rainbow colored sand, with a small orange backpack next to me. The capitol seal appeared in the sky and the serious, but yet sincere voice of Head Gamemaker Kelsey boomed in the 'artificial' sky

 "Having fun are we? Well, we've got another little surprise for you. I hope you’re not too tired, as you're really going to need your energy for this one. Good luck, May the odds be ever in your favor.” Her voice silently disappeared just as it came.

I heard the screams of other tributes and saw a thick, heavy gas clouding the air, before everything disappeared into darkness. I woke up again and stood up; I should go find Jasper. Before I start walking a fog formed covering everywhere, I couldn’t see too far into the distance. The fog slowly cleared as I work my way through it. My heart raced as I saw a giant tidal wave about 7 meters high form. The water wasn’t blue but purple. The beach was hidden by the waves which were up to my waist. The water rose every few minutes slowly increasing hoping to drown us all. I saw the colored sand and placed my foot down in it as far as I could.

 “Damn!” I mutter.

 The colored sand scorched my whole foot. My entire leg within minutes started to develop giant whelps filled with puss. 

What do I do now?! I had to think and quickly. The tidal wave was rapidly moving towards my direction and the water waves were up to my chest now. The small backpack floated in the water. Wait it floated! I used the backpack as a sort of floatation device. It still barely helped my case. The tidal wave violently swayed over me. Water filled my lungs as I tried to breathe. Great! I get to die now. Again. My vision starts to recede as I start to black out. The out of nowhere something strong touched me. Everything went black, but then suddenly I felt the sun and then I saw it in the middle of the ‘artificial sky’ beautifully shining. 

“Where am I?” I think aloud. 

“The cornucopia area.” I hear someone respond.

 I scrambled to my feet to see Jasper standing up against a metal wall. It wrapped around the whole cornucopia like the fence around a Jail yard, except in one spot for you to go to the woods and another to who knows where.

“Wait? What?” I ask confused. 

“I’m asking myself the same thing. I thought you died!” says Jasper.