3. Betrayal

Okay guys! Long time since my last upload and I'm so sorry but I hope this makes up for it. Lots of things will happen on this chapter and I hope you guys like it :) Oh yeah, picture ont he side is of Mike--Juiet's boyfriend. *Scowls* Ha-ha. Anyway, thank's for the awesome support! Dedication goes to @MissTrouble123
Fan/Comment/Vote! :) x 

Copyright Protected Hilda Therese [FallenInfinityBooks] 2012   ©

___________❋__________

3. Betrayal

 ♚ Juliet’s POV ♚

I could barely sleep with  my unsettled mind that night. When I woke up I felt tired and I could barely say a thing to Rita—my housemaid. I didn’t have any family here which meant the American dream as Karen said. I could have a wild party because of the large space, pool and no parents thing.

But just because I was becoming Americanalized didn’t mean that I would neglect the way I was brought up. I felt kind of sick that my grandmother felt the need to always be the one to check up on me. Because my father respected my wishes he didn’t contact me but I was sure he’d send someone to see how I’ve been doing—what progress, if any at all I had created.

Mike’s car honked on the driveway and before I knew it I was sitting by him, driving towards school. I was quiet the whole time and Mike seemed lost in thought, we parked far away from the entrance so I looked at him I a sort of confusion. I leaned on the bumper of the car and waited for him, twisting my burgundy colored hair whilst I was at it.

He sighed. “We need to talk.”

Seriously? I mean SERIOUSLY? Have I not watched enough American movies to tell me when a guy says ‘We need to talk’ it will end up in tears and him saying ‘It’s not you, it’s me’. Mike was a good guy but was he seriously just about to…to break up with me? What the shit? Everything was alright last night…before I went to sleep we talked, he sounded tired but he even said ‘I miss you already’ when we were hanging up.

What the hell had changed overnight?

“Get it out of your chest, Mike.” I said softly. I wasn’t going to cry was I? I felt wrong somehow…like, shouldn’t my voice break? Shouldn’t I be crying my eyes out? I cared about Mike…didn’t I?

Shit. I shouldn’t kid myself…I didn’t like mike in that way. Sure he was such a nice guy…to nice. We didn’t fight which wasn’t right. I mean—fighting’s bad but it was healthy in a relationship. Sure he liked to make me happy all the time that it was crazy. Was it so bad that I really just wanted Mike to get it over with? He looked so guilty right now. His blue eyes were so intense as they gazed at me.

“Jules, you know you’re amazing right? I mean, you’re like—,” I cut him off by punching him in the shoulder.

“Mike, seriously—skip to what you want to tell me. I won’t be mad.”

“IhadsexwithLacey!” he said too fast. I was about to ask him what he said—to be clear and stuff but I didn’t need to be told twice before he put both his hands on his face. He looked stressed—well beyond actually. He even looked…worked up? Mike never looked up…he was always calm…collected. He took my hands in his and held them for what seemed like the longest time. The parking lot was getting more and more full. He let out a tired sigh. “I. had. sex. With. Lacey.”

I didn’t know what to say so I just stared at him. I know I’m semi-insane so the anger of the pain from the betrayal probably wouldn’t sit until later on but now…Mike needed comforting. I put my hand on his cheek…and he held it there, closing his eyes like he was savoring the moment. Shit! The pain on his face…the regret…it was so obvious.