Chapter 17

"Tony Stark!" Loki screams as the doors of the elevator open "What kind of bullshit is this?" he asks, raising my note in his hand.

"I told you I was in the lab." I state and he glares at me "What?"

"I've been home for a three months!" he hisses, before reminding "You told me that you wouldn't do this!"

"Loki, I'm lucky. I love you." I state as he sits the note on my desk "But I can't sleep. Not, until I know that you're safe."

"How am I in danger?" he roars, before declaring "The only person who has the motive to kill me, is dead!"

"But he got in." I state and he raises an eyebrow to me "Somehow, he got into our home, and I can't find out how."

He sighs, before scratching his forehead "Alright, maybe you need a fresh set of eyes." he steps into the holopad and speaks to Jarvis "Pull up security coding and the security videos from that night."

As soon as he sees the video, he turns to the code and sighs "Tony, you left yourself naked on the loading dock. Your door is a fortress, but the port might have well have been wide open."

"When did you learn code?" I ask.

"I had a year in an institution to figure it out." He remarks, before selecting the code and typing something out "What do you think?"

When I look at it, I find it's even better than mine "How'd you do that?" I ask and he smirks, before saving his code.

As I turn to my computer, he wraps his arms around my waist and sighs "Tony, my shoulder is feeling much better."

"Good." I state as I focus on my security system.

"And my stomach stopped hurting a couple weeks ago." Loki reminds and I hum. Finally, he sighs and leans in to whisper in my ear "Come to bed."

My mind is pulled out of work instantly, before I look to him "Loki, I don't know if that's a good idea." he gives me a look, before I explain "I mean, are we ready for that?"

"We're getting married in December." he reminds, before shaking his head "If we can't bare to sleep with one another, how are we going to live together?"

I raise his hand to my lips and speak softly "Let's go to bed."

~

"Tony, wake up!" Loki whispers as I dream of Thanos running his hands Loki "Wake up!" he cries out as I hear a hydraulic whine.

When I finally open my eyes, the suit crashes to the ground and Loki lets out a sigh of relief as he sweats "What the hell was that?"

As I turn on the light, I explain "It's a security measure. If I need it, the suit will protect me." He glares at me and I sigh "I'm still working out the kinks."

~

"Tony, breakfast!" Loki screams and I roll out of bed.

When I walk into the kitchen, I give Peter a kiss on the top of his head, before giving one to Loki.

"Peter, darling, show daddy the drawling you made in school yesterday." Loki smiles, placing a plate in front of me.

The five year old holds up a red blur and I nod "I believe we have an artist on our hands." Loki smiles at that and comes to sit next to me.

"Father?" Peter asks and Loki looks up from his coffee "Why am I not going to school today?"

"Because we're going to Coney Island." Loki smiles, before nudging me "It's daddy's fourty-fourth birthday."

"Daddy is old!" Peter screams and I glare, causing Loki to laugh "How old are you, father?"

"Thirty-nine." Loki smiles, before explaining "I'll be fourty next month."

"Are we going to Coney Island then too?" Peter asks and Loki shakes his head "Then where are we going?"

Loki frowns in thought, before looking between both of us "I'd like nothing more to spend my birthday with my two boys."

After a few minutes, Thor and his kids come stomping in "Coney Island, here we come."