Chapter 5

Loki sleeps peacefully as I watch over him. Silently, I slide out of bed and walk down into my lab.

About an hour later, the baby monitor tells me the baby needs attention. With a sigh, I walk back up the stairs and down the hall.

When I open the door, I find Loki holds him in his hands. His lips rake over the baby's bald head and he hums a little toon.

"I got him." Loki speaks tiredly as I step into the room "Can you make a two ounce bottle?" he asks and I nod.

When I return, I find he sits in the rocking chair, singing a little song. I sigh "I'm in the lab. Drop in when your done, please." he nods and I leave.

After thirty minutes of listening to Loki sing to the baby, he steps into the room and gives a tired smile. He sits next to me and we sit there, completely still, until we lean into each other.

"Are you okay?" I ask and he shakes his head "Can you explain it?" I ask and he looks down at his hands.

"My mind... it's like an iceland." He states, before sighing "Everything good in my life ends up ruined."

"I'm still here." I state and he scoffs "Why is that funny?" I ask brushing through his hair as he sighs "No, I'm being serious. Why is that funny?"

"You'll find someone better." he speaks, softly, before asking "Who's that?" he changes the subject, pointing at a photo of Pepper and I.

"That's my ex." I state and he nods, looking to the ground "But, I don't want to find anyone other than you. There's no better."

He scuffs and declares "You say that now."

"Loki, I'm not going anywhere."

"That's what they all say." he states and I try to take his hand, online he jumps up "Why don't you just go back to that cherry tart?" he screams and I raise an eyebrow to him "Because I'm going to hurt you, and you'll just leave!"

With a sigh, I grab the picture frame and turn it around. When I pull out the photo, I take my phone and take a photo of him. He gives a bewildered look as I print it out.

As it's printing, I set the original photo on fire and toss it in the trash can, before turning to his photo. His shows the him of his pajama pants, and his white wifebeater.

When I put it in the frame, I sit it back on my desk "Yeah, I'd leave you for that cherry tart." I joke and he presses his lips into a fine line.

He looks to the photo, before sighing "It looks like I'm trying to sell you crystal." he grovels, an annoyed look on his face.

"It's staying up." I declare and he sits next to me. A small smile spreads across his face as he looks at the ground "What?"

"Nothing, just..." he pulls out bullet out of his pocket and places it in my hand "Take it, will you? Hide it, throw it in the ocean. Just get rid of it."

I nod at him and he clears his throat "Listen, I'm going to head up to bed." he takes my hand in both of his and places it in his lap, and I can feel him "Just don't stay up too long."

"Wouldn't dream of it." I smile, before receiving a kiss, and watching him walk up the stairs. Once he's gone, I toss the bullet out the window.

About ten minutes later, my eyes get heavy and I travel towards my room. Loki lays in bed, the sheets cover his crotch.

With a smirk, I crawl into bed. As soon as I'm in bed, he rolls and tosses a leg over mine. As I place my hand on his cheek, a small smile spreads across his face.

~

The next morning, I wake to children screams in excitement. When I walk out, I find the two bigger kids are dancing around the living room with Loki to a musical.

"What the hell?" I ask and Loki turns to me. I find he actually has stubble "It's far too early for this."

"It noon." Banner states, walking into the room "By the way..." he whispers "What's with the... thing... downstairs in the lab?"

I raise an eyebrow to him, before giving a confused look "What do you mean? What's the thing?"

"The photo of you and Pepper is gone." he states.

"Yeah, in case you haven't noticed, Pepper and I aren't together anymore!" I remind, receiving a glare from Banner.

"What about the Valentine celebration?" he asks and I give a confused look "You and Pepper are going together, remember?"

"Shit, I forgot about that!" I panic, before gasping "Loki?" he looks my way and I ask "What are the odds that you're going to the governors valentines day celebration?"

"I go every year." He states, before explaining "Taking one of Thor's wife's friends." He returns to the little girl and starts to dance again.

I look to Banner and shrug "We'll just go as friends. She has a boyfriend anyway." I state, before getting pulled into the dance by Loki.

He kisses the tip of my nose, before swaying us "I made lunch." I nod and he continues swaying us.

As we stand, I whisper "How are you?" he gives a weak smile, before kissing my forehead. I sigh "That wasn't an answer."

"I'm not bad." he nods, before giving a grim chuckle "Not as bad as I was a few years ago." he clears his throat "That was the worst period of time."

"Why?" I ask and he backs away, only to walk into the kitchen. When I follow him, he sighs and I raise an eyebrow to him "Come on, we're nothing if we don't communicate."

"Ask Thor." He demands, before shaking his head "He remembers far more than I do of it. I probably couldn't give you an accurate representation."

The kids run in and Loki smiles "Are you guys hungry?" when they ask for food, Loki asks "What do you want in your burrito, darling?"

As the kids start to eat, Loki makes my food, before making his own. When we sit next to each other, we offer each other bites of food.

When Loki takes my plate, I text Thor "Can we meet up? We need to talk about your brother." he texts back immediately, with a time and address, set for tomorrow.